DirectPlay Interoperability
Author Message
 DirectPlay Interoperability

Hello,

Does anyone know if the DirectX8 objects are interoperable
with Win32::TCP? IE: If I create a service in DirectX8,
can it connect to one running Win32 TCP?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Matt

Fri, 08 Oct 2004 21:15:43 GMT
 DirectPlay Interoperability

Quote:
> Does anyone know if the DirectX8 objects are interoperable
> with Win32::TCP? IE: If I create a service in DirectX8,
> can it connect to one running Win32 TCP?

DirectPlay uses it's own proprietary protocol that works over TCP/IP based
on UDP, but will not directly communicate with a Win32 TCP service.  It must
talk to another DirectPlay application or lobby server.

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.blown.com/dx/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:15:09 GMT

1. Access-Excel Interoperability: Switching between two Application windows via automation (VBA)

2. Advice needed on Access-Excel interoperability

3. Interoperability Issue w/ 3rd Party Object

4. More problems with Access/Excel interoperability

5. Problems with Access/Excel interoperability

6. Excel & Word Interoperability

7. Excel & Word Interoperability

8. Interoperability with Office and Visio

9. interoperability with outlook problems - URGENT

10. GC word-.net interoperability problem

11. VB6 | vb.net interoperability

12. .NET Language Interoperability Problem