3d graphics packages for use with directx
Author Message
 3d graphics packages for use with directx

Anybody recommend a reasonably priced (or free for that
matter :-) 3d graphics package that will output in a
format that I can use with directx? I'm just starting out
with this stuff.... What format(s) can can directx work
with anyway?

Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:16:06 GMT
 3d graphics packages for use with directx

Quote:
> Anybody recommend a reasonably priced (or free for that
> matter :-) 3d graphics package that will output in a
> format that I can use with directx? I'm just starting out
> with this stuff....

Try Milkshape which AFAIK can read and write DirectX's native .X format:
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/ms3d/index.html
You may want to try getting hold of an old copy of 3DS MAX though which I
can't recommend enough, whilst the new versions are prohibitively expensive
there may still be older versions still about with a slightly less scary
price tag!

Quote:
> What format(s) can can directx work with anyway?

The DirectX second on MSDN should be able to help you out here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28000410
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:55:43 GMT

1. 3D Graphics - DirectX - Sound - Under Visual Basic

2. 3D Graphics - DirectX - Under Visual Basic

3. 3D Graphics - DirectX - Sound - Under Visual Basic

4. 3D Graphics - DirectX - Sound - Under Visual Basic

5. 3D Graphics - DirectX - Sound - Under Visual Basic

6. 3D Graphics - Wave Sound - DirectX - Under Visual Basic

7. 3D Graphics - DirectX - Sound - Under Visual Basic

8. 3D Graphics - DirectX - Sound - Under Visual Basic

9. 3D Graphics - DirectX - Sound - Under Visual Basic

10. 3D Graphics - DirectX - Sound Under Visual Basic

11. 3D Graphics - DirectX - Sound - Under Visual Basic

12. 3D Graphics - Wave Sound - DirectX - Under Visual Basic