Anyone noticed a performance drop moving to .NET?
Author Message
 Anyone noticed a performance drop moving to .NET?

I made a suite of video and audio editing apps in VB6 and recently upgraded
to .NET and the performance difference is HUGE.
For some reason the frame that I bound to a IVideoWindow is displaying very
over saturated colours and even a 352 x 288 file jerks and stops right the
way through. I have a P4 system and 720 x 576 files with the old VB6 app run
perfectly - what the hells going on???

And....selections from a ListView control take LITERALLY 2 seconds to
respond - what can be taking THAT LONG!

If this is the benefit of managed code and Microsoft do monitor these
newsgroups I want some answers because I'm far from impressed

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 07:26:57 GMT
 Anyone noticed a performance drop moving to .NET?
I think this is only because VB.Net is... shi... not so good then it should
be :)

VB.Net is like 400 DLL calls far away from the hardware, I hoped that VB.Net
gives some more speed, because VB6 already was really slow, but VB.Net is
even slower then VB6. I'm sure VB.Net is perfect for buisness apps and data
organisation, but as soon as speed gets important VB.Net shows it weekness
:(

I wish M$ would develope an basic language wich has the power of C++ and the
simplicity of VB6, I'm sure it wouldn't be no problem to combine these two
attributes...

Quote:

> I made a suite of video and audio editing apps in VB6 and recently
upgraded
> to .NET and the performance difference is HUGE.
> For some reason the frame that I bound to a IVideoWindow is displaying
very
> over saturated colours and even a 352 x 288 file jerks and stops right the
> way through. I have a P4 system and 720 x 576 files with the old VB6 app
run
> perfectly - what the hells going on???

> And....selections from a ListView control take LITERALLY 2 seconds to
> respond - what can be taking THAT LONG!

> If this is the benefit of managed code and Microsoft do monitor these
> newsgroups I want some answers because I'm far from impressed

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 03:40:54 GMT

1. How to Move Controls at Run Time By Using Drag and Drop (.Net)

2. Has anyone ever notice this?

3. Has anyone noticed ...

4. Has anyone noticed this?

5. Anyone noticed an access 97 Autonumber bug?

6. Anyone notice any missing help/documentation in VB5 ?

7. Has anyone noticed...

8. Has anyone noticed...

9. Has anyone noticed CRW 6 slowdown??????

10. Anyone noticed discrepancy in VB6 SP6 version numbers?

11. .NET Framework 1.1 and VB.Net Performance - ?

12. RDO to ADO, performance drop