ColorVertex Shader (help file example) -- a reference problem...?
Author Message
 ColorVertex Shader (help file example) -- a reference problem...?

Hi,

It seems cool to be able to dissociate the vertex geometry (x,y,z) from its
color, or its texture, into  different streams of data, and to define the
"assembler steps", like the pseudo code supplied in the help file about
"ColorVertex Shader" , but when I am the "heart" of the definition:

Dim decl(0 To 5) As Long

    decl(0) = D3DVSD_STREAM(0)  ' Use data stream 0
    decl(1) = D3DVSD_REG(D3DVSDE_POSITION, D3DVSDT_FLOAT3)  ' take a point
(x, y, z)
    decl(2) = D3DVSD_STREAM(1)  ' Use data stream 1
    decl(3) = D3DVDS_REG(D3DVSDE_DIFFUSE, D3DVSDT_UBYTE) ' read a value as a
color
    decl(4) = D3DVSD_END()

the D3DVSD "macros" are not recognized, neither found in the browser (F2).
Is there an additional reference to load?  (and is it right, the color is a
UnsignedBYTE? )

Thanks,
Vanderghast, Access MVP

Tue, 25 May 2004 22:41:41 GMT
 ColorVertex Shader (help file example) -- a reference problem...?
You'll have to add the d3dShader.bas file to your project. It is found in
the "common" folder for the VB samples...

Patrice

Quote:
> Hi,

> It seems cool to be able to dissociate the vertex geometry (x,y,z) from
its
> color, or its texture, into  different streams of data, and to define the
> "assembler steps", like the pseudo code supplied in the help file about
> "ColorVertex Shader" , but when I am the "heart" of the definition:

> Dim decl(0 To 5) As Long

>     decl(0) = D3DVSD_STREAM(0)  ' Use data stream 0
>     decl(1) = D3DVSD_REG(D3DVSDE_POSITION, D3DVSDT_FLOAT3)  ' take a point
> (x, y, z)
>     decl(2) = D3DVSD_STREAM(1)  ' Use data stream 1
>     decl(3) = D3DVDS_REG(D3DVSDE_DIFFUSE, D3DVSDT_UBYTE) ' read a value as
> color
>     decl(4) = D3DVSD_END()

> the D3DVSD "macros" are not recognized, neither found in the browser (F2).
> Is there an additional reference to load?  (and is it right, the color is
> UnsignedBYTE? )

> Thanks,
> Vanderghast, Access MVP

Wed, 26 May 2004 00:14:51 GMT
 ColorVertex Shader (help file example) -- a reference problem...?
Hi,

Found.

Thanks,
Vanderghast, Access MVP

Quote:
> You'll have to add the d3dShader.bas file to your project. It is found in
> the "common" folder for the VB samples...

> Patrice

Wed, 26 May 2004 02:16:02 GMT

1. Problem with Help File Examples

2. Help file search references Front Page Help files?????

3. Problem with file references in .vbp files

4. Rendering a mesh using DrawSubset, DrawPrimitive or Shader

5. from OL2002: Programming Examples for Referencing Items and Folders (Q290804)

6. Proposal: alt.binaries.examples.vb4 , alt.binaries.examples.vcpp , alt.binaries.examples.java

7. VB: Winsock Help Example Problems

8. Repost Code Example - using variables in field name references

9. Proposal: alt.binaries.examples.vb4 , alt.binaries.examples.vcpp , alt.binaries.examples.java

10. Repost Code Example - using variables in field name references

11. MSChart reference and examples

12. Looking for: The Best API reference (with examples)