Windowed DirectX and object ID detection?
Author Message
 Windowed DirectX and object ID detection?

Hi!
Ok, I'm new to this, and I'm doing a little research before I start
programming so I don't find out about some important things too late :)

If I was to make a 2D or 3D sceene in a windowed mode, is it possible to get
an object "ID" or some kind of a unique value from objects in the sceene, so
I can pass that value to the rest of my VB app and do whatever with it?

Thank you for your help,
Hrvoje

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:53:41 GMT
 Windowed DirectX and object ID detection?
Have you looked at the SDK samples?  The Pick C++ sample should be
instructive.

> Hi!
> Ok, I'm new to this, and I'm doing a little research before I start
> programming so I don't find out about some important things too late :)

> If I was to make a 2D or 3D sceene in a windowed mode, is it possible to
get
> an object "ID" or some kind of a unique value from objects in the sceene,
so
> I can pass that value to the rest of my VB app and do whatever with it?

> Thank you for your help,
> Hrvoje

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 05:48:00 GMT
 Windowed DirectX and object ID detection?
Any VB samples, though?
I'll look at c++ sample anyway, thanks!
Best regards,
Hrvoje

Quote:
> Have you looked at the SDK samples?  The Pick C++ sample should be
> instructive.

> --
rights.

> > Hi!
> > Ok, I'm new to this, and I'm doing a little research before I start
> > programming so I don't find out about some important things too late :)

> > If I was to make a 2D or 3D sceene in a windowed mode, is it possible to
> get
> > an object "ID" or some kind of a unique value from objects in the
sceene,
> so
> > I can pass that value to the rest of my VB app and do whatever with it?

> > Thank you for your help,
> > Hrvoje

Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:52:56 GMT
 Windowed DirectX and object ID detection?
The VB sample called BarGraph uses a class called CD3DPick, perhaps this
will help.

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

Quote:
> Any VB samples, though?
> I'll look at c++ sample anyway, thanks!
> Best regards,
> Hrvoje

> > Have you looked at the SDK samples?  The Pick C++ sample should be
> > instructive.

> > --
> rights.

> > > Hi!
> > > Ok, I'm new to this, and I'm doing a little research before I start
> > > programming so I don't find out about some important things too late
:)

> > > If I was to make a 2D or 3D sceene in a windowed mode, is it possible
> > get
> > > an object "ID" or some kind of a unique value from objects in the
> sceene,
> > so
> > > I can pass that value to the rest of my VB app and do whatever with
it?

> > > Thank you for your help,
> > > Hrvoje

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:53:03 GMT

1. DirectX 9, Direct Draw, windowed mode

2. DirectX Detection

3. directx draw collision detection

4. How to get object from object's ID in vbscript

5. how to get object id when click activex object in webbrowser

6. Disabling Outlook 2000 Menu Items - Finding Control ID, IDs, ID's

7. QuickTime plugin object detection

8. Mouse Over Object Detection

9. Object detection

10. Drawing lines above windowed controls

11. Drawing lines above windowed controls

12. Re-creating a non-windowed control.