collision detection
Author Message
 collision detection

I am really hung up on making my IntersectRect collision
detection work.  Can anyone shine some ligth on the
concept?

perhaps a code snipet or link?

Thanks, so much!!!

Tino.

Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:34:14 GMT
 collision detection
try

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/graphics/algorithms-faq/

specifically

    Directory of Computational Geometry Software,

    Nina Amenta is maintaining a WWW directory to computational
    geometry software. The directory lives at The Geometry Center.
    It has pointers to lots of convex hull and voronoi diagram programs,
    triangulations, collision detection, polygon intersection, smallest
    enclosing ball of a point set and other stuff.
    http://www.geom.umn.edu/software/cglist/

and

Subject 5.13: Where can I find algorithms for 3D collision detection?

    Check out "proxima", from Purdue, which is a C++ library for 3D
    collision detection for arbitrary polyhedra.  It's a nice system;
    the algorithms are sophisticated, but the code is of modest size.

        ftp://ftp.cs.purdue.edu/pub/pse/PROX/prox9.1.tar.Z

    For information about the I_COLLIDE 3D collision detection system
        http://www.cs.unc.edu/~geom/I_COLLIDE.html

    "Fast Collision Detection of Moving Convex Polyhedra", Rich Rabbitz,
    Graphics Gems IV, pages 83-109, includes source in C.

    SOLID: "a library for collision detection of three-dimensional
    objects undergoing rigid motion and deformation. SOLID is designed to
    be used in interactive 3D graphics applications, and is especially
    suited for collision detection of objects and worlds described in VRML.
    Written in standard C++, compiles under GNU g++ version 2.8.1 and
    Visual C++ 5.0."  See:
        http://www.win.tue.nl/cs/tt/gino/solid/

    SWIFT++: a C++ library for collision detection, exact and approximate
    distance computation, and contact determination of three-dimensional
    polyhedral objects undergoing rigid motion.
    Some preliminary results indicate that it is faster than I-COLLIDE and
    V-CLIP, and more robust than I-COLLIDE.
       http://www.cs.unc.edu/~geom/SWIFT++

    ColDet: C++ library for 3D collison detection.  Works on generic
    polyhedra, and even polygon soups.   Uses bounding box hierarchies
    and triangle intersection tests.   Released as open source under LGPL.
    Tested on Windows, MacOS, and Linux. http://photoneffect.com/coldet/ .

    Terdiman's lib, which might need less RAM than the above:
       http://www.codercorner.com/Opcode.htm

Quote:
> I am really hung up on making my IntersectRect collision
> detection work.  Can anyone shine some ligth on the
> concept?

> perhaps a code snipet or link?

> Thanks, so much!!!

> Tino.

Wed, 02 Mar 2005 07:34:57 GMT

1. Collision detection routines between images

2. Sprites and collision detection

3. Collision detection problems w/ scrolling?

4. Collision detection

5. Collision detection

6. VB InterSectRect Collision detection...

7. Help with collision detection (rectangular)

8. Collision Detection

9. collision detection

10. Collision Detection Problems

11. Collision Detection in VB5

12. High speed sorting and collision detection.