Use a Webcam inside a VB prgram
Author Message
 Use a Webcam inside a VB prgram

I would like to use a {*filter*} in a VB project. I do not need video capture.
I think i should use DirectShow, but seems a bit difficult

Thaks

David

Tue, 25 May 2004 00:30:44 GMT
 Use a Webcam inside a VB prgram
With Directshow it is possible to create a live preview window in VB.
It is not possible to get access to the frames. I have lost a lot of
sleep attempting to use the iBasicVideo and SampleGrabber interfaces,
only to find out that some required directx datatype is not available
to VB (Insert Middle Finder to MS Here) If anyone else wants to loose
some sleep check out the Dexter lib (qedit.dll I think).

For basic video preview via directshow in VB take a look at Ray
Mercer's sample
http://www.*-*-*.com/

This will get you on the right track.

If you want to do full video capture in VB then you will have to look
into the VFW Api, or use someones ActiveX control. Ray has information
about both of these on his site.

Ian Stone

Quote:

> I would like to use a {*filter*} in a VB project. I do not need video capture.
> I think i should use DirectShow, but seems a bit difficult

> Thaks

> David

Wed, 26 May 2004 03:57:05 GMT

1. Excel inside Browser inside VB App

2. Using a C# uint Enum inside VB.net

3. Encrypting data inside Access 2000 using VB?

4. Using Module functions inside/outside VB ActiveX DLL

5. Problem with using VB controls inside of VC++ OLE container

6. Accessing LDAP in Win2000 using VB (inside COM+)

7. Help needed for using RETURN_VALUE of a stored proc inside VB.

8. Dealing with MS SQL Datetime inside VB (using ADO)

9. Accessing LDAP in Win2000 using VB (inside COM+)

10. Using ezVidCap.ocx to write a webcam server?

11. Default E-mail prgram

12. Problem with installation prgram.