DirectX 8 and C#
Author Message
 DirectX 8 and C#

I know this is a VB group but seeing as I'm using the VB 6 DirectX library
anyway...  I'm having problems using the SetFX method on the
DirectSoundSecondaryBuffer8 object.  I pass it a System.Array of
DSBUFFERDESC and a System.Array for the result IDs and I get an error that
says Element Not Found.  I set DSBUFFERDESC.lFlags to 0, the guidDSFXClass
to DSFX_STANDARD_ECHO, and the sound buffer was created using the
DSBCAPS_CTRLFX flag.  I'm pretty sure it has something to to with how I am
passing the array of buffer descriptions but I can't seem to figure it out.

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:37:32 GMT
 DirectX 8 and C#
Try perhaps to pass the first cell (that is actually a pointer to the
beginning of the array).

Note that using DX8 from .NET might be not that a good idea. Some areas are
known not to work and it is probably best to keep using DX8 from a COM based
language and to start using .NET with DX9 (that should be out later this
year).

Patrice

Quote:
> I know this is a VB group but seeing as I'm using the VB 6 DirectX library
> anyway...  I'm having problems using the SetFX method on the
> DirectSoundSecondaryBuffer8 object.  I pass it a System.Array of
> DSBUFFERDESC and a System.Array for the result IDs and I get an error that
> says Element Not Found.  I set DSBUFFERDESC.lFlags to 0, the guidDSFXClass
> to DSFX_STANDARD_ECHO, and the sound buffer was created using the
> DSBCAPS_CTRLFX flag.  I'm pretty sure it has something to to with how I am
> passing the array of buffer descriptions but I can't seem to figure it
out.

Sat, 13 Nov 2004 01:17:22 GMT

1. DirectX 8.1 and C#?

2. DirectX 9.0 samples in VB.Net and C# don′t compile

3. DirectX and C#

4. Convert VB.Net to C#, convert C# to VB.Net

5. VB to C# or C# to VB convertor

6. Can a Form or 2nd DirectX app be show over top of DirectX App

7. I only downloaded th DirectX SDK which didn't contain documents on DirectX Media

8. Jobs: ASP.NET vs C# or VB.NET vs C# ?

9. Events: How to pass C# events to VB7 (or from VB7 to C#)?

10. Sorting an items collection in C#

11. Custom Item C#

12. newMail event handling in C#