no sound after FAQ's and troubleshooters
Author Message
 no sound after FAQ's and troubleshooters

My PC was working fine with an older version of direct x
that came with a game I installed last September. The
sound on the w98se system was great until I installed the
latest dx8.1 (i think that's right) component.
Now theres no playback of sound on games or mp3s and
mpegs, but there is sound on the awful built in 'cd
player'; which suggests no probs with the sound card.
Obviously i cant reinstall the older version ('cause its a
system component), and with my w98se being pre-installed
(and having loads of important files on the system) i
don't want to re-format.

Please send me an email because i've had this prob for
months and still cant find whats up with it.

Any help/tips/pointers/ideas VERY much appreciated.

Reply to my email please.

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:46:40 GMT
 no sound after FAQ's and troubleshooters
If you run the sound tests in DxDiag, what happens?

> My PC was working fine with an older version of direct x
> that came with a game I installed last September. The
> sound on the w98se system was great until I installed the
> latest dx8.1 (i think that's right) component.
> Now theres no playback of sound on games or mp3s and
> mpegs, but there is sound on the awful built in 'cd
> player'; which suggests no probs with the sound card.
> Obviously i cant reinstall the older version ('cause its a
> system component), and with my w98se being pre-installed
> (and having loads of important files on the system) i
> don't want to re-format.

> Please send me an email because i've had this prob for
> months and still cant find whats up with it.

> Any help/tips/pointers/ideas VERY much appreciated.

> Reply to my email please.

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:47:03 GMT

1. Shortcut Keys and 'SOUND' Equivalent

2. Play .wav's as configured in user's Control Panel/Sounds

3. What's new on the Word FAQ site, 28 Jan 2002

4. What's new on the Word FAQ site, 14 Jan 2002

5. What's new on the Word FAQ site, 10 July 2001

6. What's new on the Word FAQ site, 27 May 2001

7. What's new on the Word FAQ site, 28 Jan 2002

8. What's new on the Word FAQ site, 14 Jan 2002

9. What's new on the Word FAQ site, 10 July 2001

10. What's new on the Word FAQ site, 25 June 2001

11. What's new on the Word FAQ site, 12 June 2001

12. What's new on the Word FAQ site, 27 May 2001