DirectDraw (Dx 9.0 Managed) - How to scale and write text
Author Message
 DirectDraw (Dx 9.0 Managed) - How to scale and write text

I've been looking at how to do scaling with Directdraw
(DirectX 9.0 - managed), but have not found it. Also
looking for a way to write text to the Directdraw Device.
Does anybody have an answer?

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:24:54 GMT
 DirectDraw (Dx 9.0 Managed) - How to scale and write text
what sort of scaling?

text, get a DC on the surface and use GDI.

Quote:
> I've been looking at how to do scaling with Directdraw
> (DirectX 9.0 - managed), but have not found it. Also
> looking for a way to write text to the Directdraw Device.
> Does anybody have an answer?

Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:29:00 GMT
 DirectDraw (Dx 9.0 Managed) - How to scale and write text
Thanks for the reply.
With regards to text:
I believe that you're referring to the Surface.GetDC
method?  Will this work with GDI+?
However, I'll then be limited to the available point sizes
of the installed fonts, correct? I really have a need for
small point sizes (8 is too large), thus the need for
scaling. Actually I'm not really sure about how small the
point size can go with normal system fonts.

I want to zoom in and out, but I don't see any
transformations for Directdraw. I'm ignorant concerning
the interaction of GDI+ and DirectX. What I'm trying to do
is draw the surface with DirectX and then draw text
(smaller than 8pt) on the surface.

Quote:

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:33:12 GMT
 DirectDraw (Dx 9.0 Managed) - How to scale and write text
interesting.

the GDI+ forum folks might be your best bet in terms of understanding if you
can intermix GDI+ and M-DX.

Quote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> With regards to text:
> I believe that you're referring to the Surface.GetDC
> method?  Will this work with GDI+?
> However, I'll then be limited to the available point sizes
> of the installed fonts, correct? I really have a need for
> small point sizes (8 is too large), thus the need for
> scaling. Actually I'm not really sure about how small the
> point size can go with normal system fonts.

> I want to zoom in and out, but I don't see any
> transformations for Directdraw. I'm ignorant concerning
> the interaction of GDI+ and DirectX. What I'm trying to do
> is draw the surface with DirectX and then draw text
> (smaller than 8pt) on the surface.

Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:46:56 GMT

1. writing text to a directdraw surface in vb.net

2. skinning in managed dx

3. DirectX 9.0 Managed docs

4. Writing to day square in Microsoft Calendar Control 9.0

5. Writing to day square in Microsoft Calendar Control 9.0

6. word 9.0 objects (reading and writing)

7. Needed text box for text written from write to left

8. DirectDraw problem drawing text on surface

9. 3D Text using DirectDraw, Direct3d, or OpenGL

10. 3D Text using DirectDraw, Direct3d, or OpenGL

11. Managing/writing to multiple files

12. Rotating Text and Characters using GDI Managed Classes