Rotate A Mesh : Precudure
Author Message
 Rotate A Mesh : Precudure

This is the way I transform my meshes

Extract Vertex Buffer into an Array
Convert the array to a vertacies array
Transform all vertecies by converting to vector and
transforming according to a mesh matrix with transform
coordinate helper function.
Setting the vertacies array to the mesh's vertex buffer.

is this any good or are there  simpler ways of doing it
in DirectX9.0 in VB.Net?

Thanks Alot

Diabloice

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 06:40:28 GMT
 Rotate A Mesh : Precudure
just set a world transform on the device and DrawPrim it, the D3D runtime
and any TnL HW will do the rest. do you have a real need to hand-modify the
vertices?

Quote:
> This is the way I transform my meshes

> Extract Vertex Buffer into an Array
> Convert the array to a vertacies array
> Transform all vertecies by converting to vector and
> transforming according to a mesh matrix with transform
> coordinate helper function.
> Setting the vertacies array to the mesh's vertex buffer.

> is this any good or are there  simpler ways of doing it
> in DirectX9.0 in VB.Net?

> Thanks Alot

> Diabloice

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 08:27:57 GMT
 Rotate A Mesh : Precudure
The reason I do this is because I use many meshes and
need to transform them individually when I use world
transform all of the meshes in the world get transformed

Wed, 09 Nov 2005 18:37:00 GMT
 Rotate A Mesh : Precudure
set a world transform each time you draw, for each object.

Quote:
> The reason I do this is because I use many meshes and
> need to transform them individually when I use world
> transform all of the meshes in the world get transformed

Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:35:19 GMT

1. How to rotate a mesh object?

2. Rotating a mesh

3. Mesh Names or Mesh Subset Names

4. Mesh Picking, Boned Animation, Faked Meshes

5. Progressive meshes / Simplifying meshes

6. Rotate Mesh by an axis but not X,Y,Z how do you do it?

7. Mesh generation

8. Shaded Mesh over VB5 forms?

9. How to get the W component from a Mesh

10. Transform Vector or Mesh(Not addressed here)

11. resizing mesh's Vertex buffer

12. Moving mesh?