DirectPlay error in Dxdiag
Author Message
 DirectPlay error in Dxdiag

 Using Directx 8.1 on a P2-233 w Win98, my games all play
fine.  Am trying to set up a 2 computer home network.
When I run Dxdiag and hit the Test DirectPlay I get the
following error - Invalid page fault KERNEL32.dll.  The
rest of the Dxdiag tests (audio video etc) are fine.  My
home computers are networked and exchange files without a
problem.  The second computer can pass the "Test
DirectPlay" test.  Some games will still allow network
play but Europa Universalis II fails.  What is the cause
of the KERNEL32.dll page fault and can someone please help
me fix it.
 Thanks

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:58:18 GMT
 DirectPlay error in Dxdiag
This group is for programming questions related to the Visual Basic
language.  You might get more help from an end-user group such as
microsoft.public.directx.app_compat or one of the Win98 groups.

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.blown.com/dx/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

Quote:
> Using Directx 8.1 on a P2-233 w Win98, my games all play
> fine.  Am trying to set up a 2 computer home network.
> When I run Dxdiag and hit the Test DirectPlay I get the
> following error - Invalid page fault KERNEL32.dll.  The
> rest of the Dxdiag tests (audio video etc) are fine.  My
> home computers are networked and exchange files without a
> problem.  The second computer can pass the "Test
> DirectPlay" test.  Some games will still allow network
> play but Europa Universalis II fails.  What is the cause
> of the KERNEL32.dll page fault and can someone please help
> me fix it.
>  Thanks

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:18:59 GMT

1. DirectX8.1 errors - DXDIAG

2. DirectPlay Problem- Automation Error

3. DirectPlay Close Error

4. DirectPlay Automation Error

5. help...dxdiag agp texture button

6. DXDiag shows beta files after DX9 upgrade

7. Same problem...dxdiag?

8. dxdiag problems

9. Looking for control/library for DirectPlay /Input/Draw

10. DirectX-DirectPlay Problems-

11. DirectPlay WITH VB ?!!!!

12. Any DirectPlay books/examples?