DirectX Error
Author Message
 DirectX Error

I recently posted a question in the DirectX graphics
newsgroup.  I have a 350-MHz Pentium II, with Windows 98,
256 MB of RAM and Visual Basic 6.  My Graphics card is an
8MB Chromatic Research MPACT II, who is now out of
bussiness.  When I run DirectX 8 tests, I get an error,
but DirectX 7 tests work fine.  I ordered an ATI Radeon
AGP 64MB graphics card, will installing this fix the
problem?

Thanks for your help.

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 06:04:27 GMT
 DirectX Error
if you dont have a driver that supports at least a DX6 level DDI, the DX 8
interfaces are not available.

DXDiag provides this info in the saved text file.

yes, the Radeon has at least a DX6 level DDI.

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, WindowsXP Inbox 3D Screensavers, and a

> I recently posted a question in the DirectX graphics
> newsgroup.  I have a 350-MHz Pentium II, with Windows 98,
> 256 MB of RAM and Visual Basic 6.  My Graphics card is an
> 8MB Chromatic Research MPACT II, who is now out of
> bussiness.  When I run DirectX 8 tests, I get an error,
> but DirectX 7 tests work fine.  I ordered an ATI Radeon
> AGP 64MB graphics card, will installing this fix the
> problem?

> Thanks for your help.

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 07:08:46 GMT

1. DirectX error messages ddraw.dll problem

2. DirectX error

3. directX errors

4. Can a Form or 2nd DirectX app be show over top of DirectX App

5. I only downloaded th DirectX SDK which didn't contain documents on DirectX Media

6. DirectX 7 Automation Error

7. DirectX D3DDevice Inconsistency/Error

8. Automation errors in DirectX 8.0

9. DirectX 7 Automation Error

10. DirectX 7 Automation Error

11. DirectX 9.0A end-user runtime and Managed DirectX.

12. compatibility problem between directx 8 applications and directx 9...