screenshot of a directX game
Author Message
 screenshot of a directX game

Hi NG

I want to get snapshots of a directX game.

I tried it with this kind of code:

  DeskWnd = GetDesktopWindow
  DeskDC = GetDC(DeskWnd)
  BitBlt pbox.hdc, 0, 0,100, 100, DeskDC, 0, 0, &HCC0020

but it doesn't work propperly.
Sometimes I get the Picture. But I often get only the background like from a
buffer thats not complete yet.

I also tried with the printscreen key. It works but takes a way too long.

Has anyone an idea how to do the snapshot propperly?

Regards Gabriel

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:23:24 GMT
 screenshot of a directX game
Hi Gabriel,

I don't know how to code this in vb, but if u download "irfanview", which is
a freeware picture viewer then u can use a function reading "photograf" to
take snapshots of running apps.

I got it from magazin-cd's, but I think you should be able to find it on the
net as well.

--
Gr?e aus dem {*filter*}space,
mondspeer

Quote:
> Hi NG

> I want to get snapshots of a directX game.

> I tried it with this kind of code:

>   DeskWnd = GetDesktopWindow
>   DeskDC = GetDC(DeskWnd)
>   BitBlt pbox.hdc, 0, 0,100, 100, DeskDC, 0, 0, &HCC0020

> but it doesn't work propperly.
> Sometimes I get the Picture. But I often get only the background like from
> buffer thats not complete yet.

> I also tried with the printscreen key. It works but takes a way too long.

> Has anyone an idea how to do the snapshot propperly?

> Regards Gabriel

Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:11:57 GMT
 screenshot of a directX game
see D3DX.SaveSurfaceToFile

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:09:28 GMT

1. Getting focus when 3dfx / directX game running

2. Free control for DirectX games

3. directx with games

4. Capture the DirectX game scrrenshoot

5. Help with a directx game...

6. VB + DirectX 8 = Cool Games - C

7. Free ActiveX Control for DirectX games

8. DirectX games in VB

9. Can a Form or 2nd DirectX app be show over top of DirectX App

10. I only downloaded th DirectX SDK which didn't contain documents on DirectX Media

11. nibbles game, source code? (snake game, you know)

12. Experienced Game Programmer Looking for Assistance with 2.5D Game