DirectPlay Voice
Author Message
 DirectPlay Voice

Does anyone know of a sample Voice server with DX8 and Vb. The samples with
the SDK are only for Peer-peer. I want an example for a voice server with
the capability of adding sessions. Any pointers for tutorials would be
helpfull

Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:51:22 GMT
 DirectPlay Voice
Hi,
You will find that the Simple Server and Simple Client
examples will show you how to set up a directplay
Server/Client scenario.  A voice server object is then
created on the server while a voice client object is
created on the client.  Whether it is p2p or client/server
really doesn't have any bearing on the voice part as voice
runs over an existing directplay session.
In general the examples provide the option of both p2p or
client server in the code.
So to simplify, you can ignore the lines dealing with say
dpp (directplay peer object) in favor of those with either
dps (directplay server object) or dpc ( directplay client
object).
HTH,
Larry
Quote:

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:22:45 GMT
 DirectPlay Voice
Thanks Larry. I will try that.

Quote:
> Hi,
> You will find that the Simple Server and Simple Client
> examples will show you how to set up a directplay
> Server/Client scenario.  A voice server object is then
> created on the server while a voice client object is
> created on the client.  Whether it is p2p or client/server
> really doesn't have any bearing on the voice part as voice
> runs over an existing directplay session.
> In general the examples provide the option of both p2p or
> client server in the code.
> So to simplify, you can ignore the lines dealing with say
> dpp (directplay peer object) in favor of those with either
> dps (directplay server object) or dpc ( directplay client
> object).
> HTH,
> Larry

Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:38:40 GMT

1. CT-VOICE.DRV Creative Memory Mode Voice

2. Sending A Voice Message Over A Voice/FAX/Modem

3. Sending A Voice Message Over A Voice/FAX/Modem

4. Voice Response System - Visual Voice Pro ?

5. Sending A Voice Message By Telephone Over A Voice/FAX/Modem

6. Sending Out A Voice Message On A Voice/FAX/Modem At A Pre-determined Time

7. Sending A Voice Message By Telephone Over A Voice/FAX/Modem

8. Sending Out A Voice Message On A Voice/FAX/Modem At A Pre-determined Time

9. Voice Programmierung mit Modem USR Sportster Voice 33.6

10. Voice Mail - Programming a Voice modem

11. SAPI voice recognition with VB6: Hoarse voice?

12. Looking for control/library for DirectPlay /Input/Draw