Checking for sound playing
Author Message
 Checking for sound playing

Using VB 6 and DirectX 7 what is the best way to tell of a
sound is playing and how do you set a sound to completely
play before allowing another sound to play?

Thanks,

Dave Holt

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:38:51 GMT
 Checking for sound playing

Quote:
> Using VB 6 and DirectX 7 what is the best way to tell of a
> sound is playing and how do you set a sound to completely
> play before allowing another sound to play?

We would first need to know if you are using DirectSound or DirectMusic.

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.blown.com/dx/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:51:13 GMT
 Checking for sound playing

I am using Direct Sound for the following:

Quote:

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 00:12:29 GMT

1. Playing sounds even if other applications are playing sounds

2. Sounds - Playing System Event Sounds (asterisk, critical stop, question, etc)

3. play sound after sound.

4. Urgent, How to: Play sound using sound card?

5. Urgent, How to: Play sound using sound card?

6. Playing, stopping and checking if soundfiles are playing, without MMControl

7. Play sound from OLE field

8. How to play sound coming from OLE object field in VB

9. How to Play sounds and then move to a new Record withOUT errors

10. Playing Sound file on event??!!

11. Msgbox don't play sounds, Uh?

12. Play a sound Object in a table