DirectX in VB.NET
Author Message
 DirectX in VB.NET

anyone know of a tutorial that will help me get into DX in vb.net?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 08:20:49 GMT
 DirectX in VB.NET
maybe this help:
http://sunlightd.virtualave.net/Windows/DirectX.NET/
is not much, but helps

Quote:
> anyone know of a tutorial that will help me get into DX in vb.net?

> Thanks in advance

> Mike

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:20:11 GMT
 DirectX in VB.NET
Microsoft will release a managed interface to DirectX when the ship DX9
later this year. Unless you have an overwhelming need to build something
now, you would be better off waiting for the managed interface.

        ..........Wayne

"Recycling electrons into words since 1996."
Visit www.JustPC.com for details about my Visual Basic books, including
my newest: Windows Game Programming With Visual Basic and DirectX,
and the ASP.NET Database Programming Bible. Subscribe to the JustPC
Developer's Journal - a free email newsletter for Visual Basic programmers

Quote:
> maybe this help:
> http://sunlightd.virtualave.net/Windows/DirectX.NET/
> is not much, but helps

> > anyone know of a tutorial that will help me get into DX in vb.net?

> > Thanks in advance

> > Mike

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:24:17 GMT
 DirectX in VB.NET
Thanks guys

Quote:
> Microsoft will release a managed interface to DirectX when the ship DX9
> later this year. Unless you have an overwhelming need to build something
> now, you would be better off waiting for the managed interface.

>         ..........Wayne

> "Recycling electrons into words since 1996."
> Visit www.JustPC.com for details about my Visual Basic books, including
> my newest: Windows Game Programming With Visual Basic and DirectX,
> and the ASP.NET Database Programming Bible. Subscribe to the JustPC
> Developer's Journal - a free email newsletter for Visual Basic programmers

> > maybe this help:
> > http://sunlightd.virtualave.net/Windows/DirectX.NET/
> > is not much, but helps

> > > anyone know of a tutorial that will help me get into DX in vb.net?

> > > Thanks in advance

> > > Mike

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:43:55 GMT
 DirectX in VB.NET
Actually, you can get a beta version here of Managed DirectX for v8.1 here:
http://www.betaplace.com

BetaId = ManagedDX
Password = GDC2002

I installed this on my 2000 machine, and it worked wonders!  The tutorials
that they provide are similar to the tutorials which come with the
DirectX8.1 SDK and make using DX8.1 easier than it was with VB6!  If this is
any indication on how DX9 is going to be, hell YEAH! =)

Quote:
> Microsoft will release a managed interface to DirectX when the ship DX9
> later this year. Unless you have an overwhelming need to build something
> now, you would be better off waiting for the managed interface.

>         ..........Wayne

> "Recycling electrons into words since 1996."
> Visit www.JustPC.com for details about my Visual Basic books, including
> my newest: Windows Game Programming With Visual Basic and DirectX,
> and the ASP.NET Database Programming Bible. Subscribe to the JustPC
> Developer's Journal - a free email newsletter for Visual Basic programmers

> > maybe this help:
> > http://sunlightd.virtualave.net/Windows/DirectX.NET/
> > is not much, but helps

> > > anyone know of a tutorial that will help me get into DX in vb.net?

> > > Thanks in advance

> > > Mike

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 01:56:11 GMT

1. DirectX and VB.net problem, help!

2. DirectX and VB.Net

3. DirectX in VB.NET

4. DirectX with VB.NET

5. DirectX and VB.Net ?

6. directx and vb.net

7. directx in vb.net

8. DirectX and VB.NET?

9. DirectX 8 - VB .Net (CaptureAudio)

10. DirectX and VB.net

11. directx with vb.net

12. Directx and VB.net - where's D3DX gone ?