DirectX 9 SDK installation and VS.NET
Author Message
 DirectX 9 SDK installation and VS.NET

Hello
Ive recently tried to install the SDK, but for some
reason the references are not being installed for VB.NET
and for C#.NET. I've tried opening the examples which
come with the SDK and I get the undifined namespace
errors. I was told that there are supposed to be .dll
files in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Managed
DirectX\v4.09.00.0900\ but all I have there are .xml
files. Maybe the reason for this is that I also have
Visual Basic 6 installed on the same machine?
Thanks.

Thu, 06 Oct 2005 16:33:32 GMT
 DirectX 9 SDK installation and VS.NET
Is this the developper runtime or the end user runtime ? Does it work when
just *running* the EXE file ?

Try to check earlier threads in the
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.managed. It looks like you need
the developper runtime (and also have the framework installed before). Never
had this issue myself (and I've got also VB6)...

--
http://www.chez.com/scribe/en/directx/index.htm

Quote:
> Hello
> Ive recently tried to install the SDK, but for some
> reason the references are not being installed for VB.NET
> and for C#.NET. I've tried opening the examples which
> come with the SDK and I get the undifined namespace
> errors. I was told that there are supposed to be .dll
> files in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Managed
> DirectX\v4.09.00.0900\ but all I have there are .xml
> files. Maybe the reason for this is that I also have
> Visual Basic 6 installed on the same machine?
> Thanks.

Sun, 09 Oct 2005 02:05:49 GMT
 DirectX 9 SDK installation and VS.NET
that exactly happened to me.. and i already installed the
developer runtime.. but nothing happened.
i have visualstudio.net 2003.. and also vb6

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:13:29 GMT

1. VS.NET BETA1 AND .NET SDK BETA2

2. I only downloaded th DirectX SDK which didn't contain documents on DirectX Media

3. migrating from VS .NET to SDK only

4. SDK with no VS.NET

5. SDK Beta2 Without VS.NET

6. 2000 SDK vs 2002 SDK

7. HowTo detect MSDE installation from VS .NET setup project

8. Re-installation of VS.NET

9. VS.Net Installation Failure

10. Problems with VS .net installation

11. VS.NET Installation Problems :-(

12. VS.NET 2003 project back to VS.NET 2002