What DirectX functions to play MP3/WMA?
Author Message
 What DirectX functions to play MP3/WMA?

I'm working on a VB6 app where I would like to play WAV/MP3/WMA files using 4 different "engines" so I can
play different streams out of 4 different sound cards.  I've looked over several examples at MSDN and have
gotten a couple for playing WAV to work right, but I haven't found anything offering examples of playing WMA
or MP3 files.  What functions are used to do this?  Are they part of DirectSound or DirectMusic?  Maybe
something else like DirectShow?

TIA,
Patrick

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 07:17:59 GMT
 What DirectX functions to play MP3/WMA?
I solved using Filter Graph (render and run mp3 file).

Patrick Bates ha escrito:

Quote:
> I'm working on a VB6 app where I would like to play WAV/MP3/WMA files using 4 different "engines" so I can
> play different streams out of 4 different sound cards.  I've looked over several examples at MSDN and have
> gotten a couple for playing WAV to work right, but I haven't found anything offering examples of playing WMA
> or MP3 files.  What functions are used to do this?  Are they part of DirectSound or DirectMusic?  Maybe
> something else like DirectShow?

> TIA,
> Patrick

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:28:00 GMT

1. Playing MP3/WMA

2. MP3,Wma

3. Rip/Encode to Mp3/Wma in code?

4. Does there is any ocx or function for mp3 playing

5. Playing WAV/MP3 parallel with API Functions and have full Controll

6. Help i need an Mp3 control that plays mp3's

7. Playing .WMA files

8. Can DirectMusic play Windows Media Audio (.wma) files

9. New to DirectShow help with playing WMA files that is encryptet with DRM

10. Win32 Functions vs DirectX Functions

11. playing mp3-files

12. How to play MP3 file when document opens