DXVB error messages/ D3DRM fullscreen via HAL 
Author Message
 DXVB error messages/ D3DRM fullscreen via HAL

In writing some basic code with D3DRM, I've been unable to get any
informative error messages- everything comes back as "Automation Error".
Specifically, I'm trying to call d3drm.createdevicefromsurface (for a
fullscreen app), and it's failing whenever I try to use the HAL.  Does
anyone have any sample code that does this (along with the code that is used
to update the display after the device is created)?  I've been going off of
the information at http://www.*-*-*.com/ , but I've
had varying success with it- I can get both surfaces instantiated along with
the device when I create them separately, but I can't get the screen to
update.  When I create the back and front surfaces linked (with
GetAttachedSurface), the call to CreateDeviceFromSurface fails (even when I
take the trouble to attach a Z-buffer to the back surface).

Thanks in advance--

--Patrick Bunt



Sun, 17 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 DXVB error messages/ D3DRM fullscreen via HAL
Check  the automation error code
(http://www.chez.com/scribe/en/directx_err.htm may help). It should tell you
what is wrong. Do you use the DDSCAPS_3DDEVICE flag ?

Patrice



Quote:
> In writing some basic code with D3DRM, I've been unable to get any
> informative error messages- everything comes back as "Automation Error".
> Specifically, I'm trying to call d3drm.createdevicefromsurface (for a
> fullscreen app), and it's failing whenever I try to use the HAL.  Does
> anyone have any sample code that does this (along with the code that is
used
> to update the display after the device is created)?  I've been going off
of
> the information at http://www.utec.net/boulder_evader/visual.htm, but I've
> had varying success with it- I can get both surfaces instantiated along
with
> the device when I create them separately, but I can't get the screen to
> update.  When I create the back and front surfaces linked (with
> GetAttachedSurface), the call to CreateDeviceFromSurface fails (even when
I
> take the trouble to attach a Z-buffer to the back surface).

> Thanks in advance--

> --Patrick Bunt



Mon, 18 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 DXVB error messages/ D3DRM fullscreen via HAL
Thanks- that list was what I was looking for.

Yes, I was setting the DDSCAPS_3DDEVICE flag for the wrong surface- it's all
working now.


Quote:
> Check  the automation error code
> (http://www.chez.com/scribe/en/directx_err.htm may help). It should tell
you
> what is wrong. Do you use the DDSCAPS_3DDEVICE flag ?

> Patrice



> > In writing some basic code with D3DRM, I've been unable to get any
> > informative error messages- everything comes back as "Automation Error".
> > Specifically, I'm trying to call d3drm.createdevicefromsurface (for a
> > fullscreen app), and it's failing whenever I try to use the HAL.  Does
> > anyone have any sample code that does this (along with the code that is
> used
> > to update the display after the device is created)?  I've been going off
> of
> > the information at http://www.utec.net/boulder_evader/visual.htm, but
I've
> > had varying success with it- I can get both surfaces instantiated along
> with
> > the device when I create them separately, but I can't get the screen to
> > update.  When I create the back and front surfaces linked (with
> > GetAttachedSurface), the call to CreateDeviceFromSurface fails (even
when
> I
> > take the trouble to attach a Z-buffer to the back surface).

> > Thanks in advance--

> > --Patrick Bunt



Mon, 18 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Problems getting IE4 into fullscreen via VBScript

2. Fullscreen Option and Fullscreen Background Images

3. Error Message Returned from Access via VB front end

4. Error message when running script via WinAt

5. Error sending message via CDO

6. HAL's Birthday!

7. HAL.DLL

8. D3DRM Progressive Detail

9. Dx7 D3DRM : Position in relation to a face

10. D3DRM or D3DIM

11. Trapping Warning Messages, NOT Error Messages

12. The infamous Message Filter error - Illegal to call out while ins ide Message Filter (-2147418107)

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software