Animated texture
Author Message
 Animated texture

How?

i need to change all vertex component?, or is possible to change only the
(u,v)?

Sun, 23 May 2004 07:13:17 GMT
 Animated texture
Hello,

Yes you can animate a texture (scroll) using only the u,v coordinates
of your vertex type.

 - Albert Einstein

Quote:
> How?

> i need to change all vertex component?, or is possible to change only the
> (u,v)?

Sun, 23 May 2004 07:44:24 GMT
 Animated texture
how?.

i have :

*****
*1*2*
*****

texture for example. I want to show something the 1 in some faces, and in
another time the 2.

Quote:
> Hello,

> Yes you can animate a texture (scroll) using only the u,v coordinates
> of your vertex type.

>  - Albert Einstein

> > How?

> > i need to change all vertex component?, or is possible to change only
the
> > (u,v)?

Tue, 25 May 2004 01:11:45 GMT
 Animated texture
I'm not sure I follow your question. You might try some of
these links for VB example code:

http://www.chez.com/scribe/en/index.htm

http://64.23.12.52/

This MSDN article describes texture coordinates very
well. Watch for word wrap in the long URL.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dx8_...
x8_vb/graphics_using_754j.asp

Eric

    - Albert Einstein

Quote:
> how?.

> i have :

> *****
> *1*2*
> *****

> texture for example. I want to show something the 1 in some faces, and in
> another time the 2.

Tue, 25 May 2004 00:47:50 GMT
 Animated texture
Texture coordinates are 0,0 and 1,1 for the opposite corners of a texture.
By using the appropriate coordinates, it's quite easy to select a particular
area from this texture.

For example 0,0 to 0.5,1 should be the left half of the texture (displaying
1). The other part should be 0.5,0 1,1

Patrice

Quote:
> how?.

> i have :

> *****
> *1*2*
> *****

> texture for example. I want to show something the 1 in some faces, and in
> another time the 2.

Tue, 25 May 2004 01:57:47 GMT

1. Texture mapping?

2. Texture polygons

3. Texture maps...

4. 3D texture-mapping , shading, and filling........

5. BASIC in TeXtures

6. Game textures etc

7. Background textures for forms

8. Textured BackGround colour

9. How to use a special texture using FloodFill ?

10. Textures

11. Vb and textures

12. Texture mapping, ray casting