Question
Author Message
 Question

If you search the archives you will probably find where this has been argued
about before.  Everone has their own opinion.  If you really need *every*
feature of DirectX (VB leaves some things out, like full DShow support) then
you should use C++.  It can also be argued that C++ is the best; where speed
is really a concern.  However, many applications and tools can be made quite
well using VB and DX.  So really depending on what type of application you
are trying to make, as well as your experience level should be your deciding
factors.

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.*-*-*.com/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

Quote:
> I'm just getting into DirectX, and I'm also just beginning
> to learn C.  I know Visual Basic pretty well, however, and
> I'm wondering how much of a difference there is in the
> power of DirectX in Visual Basic as compared to C++.
> Also, Is DirectX totally different in C++, or are they
> similar?

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 02:48:18 GMT
 Question
Additionaly you may want to avoid learning both C++ and DirectX at the same
time...

Patrice

Quote:
> If you search the archives you will probably find where this has been
argued
> about before.  Everone has their own opinion.  If you really need *every*
> feature of DirectX (VB leaves some things out, like full DShow support)
then
> you should use C++.  It can also be argued that C++ is the best; where
speed
> is really a concern.  However, many applications and tools can be made
quite
> well using VB and DX.  So really depending on what type of application you
> are trying to make, as well as your experience level should be your
deciding
> factors.

> --
> Eric DeBrosse
> http://www.blown.com/dx/
> Microsoft Visual Basic DirectX MVP

> The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
> do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP
program
> does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

> > I'm just getting into DirectX, and I'm also just beginning
> > to learn C.  I know Visual Basic pretty well, however, and
> > I'm wondering how much of a difference there is in the
> > power of DirectX in Visual Basic as compared to C++.
> > Also, Is DirectX totally different in C++, or are they
> > similar?

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:06:25 GMT

1. questions,questions,questions.

2. Atten: Larry Serflaten - Re: Dictionary Questions, Questions, Questions

3. Questions!Questions!Questions

4. Questions Questions Questions

5. HELP QUESTION HELP QUESTION HELP QUESTION

6. 2 questions: Code doesn't work when I split database and Seek/Index question

7. FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions - vba - Please read before posting questions - unofficial - March posting

8. FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions - vba - please read before posting questions - unofficial February posting

9. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - vba - Please read before posting questions - unofficial - Jan 2003 posting

10. FAQ - frequently asked VBA questions - please read before posting questions - September posting - unofficial

11. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (vba) - please read before posting questions - August posting - unofficial

12. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - unoffical July posting - please read before posting questions - vba