Create surface from bitmap
Author Message
 Create surface from bitmap

Is there any way to create a DirectDraw surface from a bitmap object (in
memory).

Likewise create a bitmap from a DirectDraw surface.

/Emil
MicroPlast AB

Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:06:23 GMT
 Create surface from bitmap

Quote:
> Is there any way to create a DirectDraw surface from a bitmap object (in
> memory).

I think that Lucky shows the way in his library which is used to load
btimaps from files with the ending ".dat". The should be
http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}/binfiles.zip, but I do not be sure.

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 00:49:37 GMT
 Create surface from bitmap
Thanks for your reply.

This wasn't what I was looking for. What I meant was creating a
DirectDrawSurface7 from a bitmaptype like the one provided in
system.drawing.bitmap in .NET.

For clearity, not to load a file from disk.

/Emil

Quote:
> > Is there any way to create a DirectDraw surface from a bitmap object (in
> > memory).

> I think that Lucky shows the way in his library which is used to load
> btimaps from files with the ending ".dat". The should be
> http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}/binfiles.zip, but I do not be sure.

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:39:27 GMT
 Create surface from bitmap
If you need to do this one time only, you could probably just blit from this
bitmap to a DirectDraw surface (as you still have GDI access).

Patrice

Quote:
> Thanks for your reply.

> This wasn't what I was looking for. What I meant was creating a
> DirectDrawSurface7 from a bitmaptype like the one provided in
> system.drawing.bitmap in .NET.

> For clearity, not to load a file from disk.

> /Emil

> > > Is there any way to create a DirectDraw surface from a bitmap object
(in
> > > memory).

> > I think that Lucky shows the way in his library which is used to load
> > btimaps from files with the ending ".dat". The should be
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}/binfiles.zip, but I do not be sure.

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:04:11 GMT

1. Save surface contents as a bitmap

2. DirectDraw Buffered Surface for a Primary Surface Flipping Chain

3. copying data from a DirectX8 surface to a DirectX 7 surface

4. Reading bitmap files into memory and creating bitmap

5. How to create surface graph?

6. How to create surface by JPEG?

7. create directX surface during program runtime?

8. Q: How can I by VBA Powepoint programmation create a paste special bitmap

9. Creating a new bitmap out of the differences of two others

10. Need Help Creating A Bitmap at runtime (in 5.0)

11. Creating and displaying a bitmap

12. Error 480, can't create autoreraw image, Bitmap problem