Is worth... ?
Author Message
 Is worth... ?

Is worth to change from dx8 -> dx9 ?
There are a newest and cool features?

because, also i must change to vb->vb.net (i disagreed with vb.net)

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:27:24 GMT
 Is worth... ?
Hi,

The shaders are cool, no?

Try using C++?  I too, and from a local "survey", many other previous classic VB developers, do not
find VB.Net quite appealing. Some try C#, but why be point(er)less... again?

C++ is not "that bad", when you do not have to also learn MFC and other more or less obscure
macros. I just miss a "With-End With" structure... the typing is sometimes quite repetitive... :-)

Vanderghast, Access MVP

Quote:

> Is worth to change from dx8 -> dx9 ?
> There are a newest and cool features?

> because, also i must change to vb->vb.net (i disagreed with vb.net)

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:33:25 GMT
 Is worth... ?
Quote:
> Try using C++?  I too, and from a local "survey", many other previous

classic VB developers, do not
Quote:
> find VB.Net quite appealing. Some try C#, but why be point(er)less...

again?

A side note but actually C# has pointers using the "unsafe" keyword...

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 04:05:51 GMT
 Is worth... ?
At msdn.microsoft.com/directx, just go to the componentized download and
choose the release notes. You should find there a summary of DX9 new
features.

There are also some new things that were not previously supported in the
type library (such as support for effect files). On the other hand, no
support in DX9 for DirectShow/DirectMusic when using the .NET library...

Patrice

Quote:
> Is worth to change from dx8 -> dx9 ?
> There are a newest and cool features?

> because, also i must change to vb->vb.net (i disagreed with vb.net)

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:24:02 GMT
 Is worth... ?
My two cents:

If you aren't going to use the new effects (pixel shaders, vertex shaders,
effects files, etc...) then stick with DirectX8.

You should also consider, there's going to be another little "wave" of
people slowly moving to DirectX9.  So it's still 'new' to some people...
And some people just won't turn to DirectX9.

Mike.

Quote:
> Is worth to change from dx8 -> dx9 ?
> There are a newest and cool features?

> because, also i must change to vb->vb.net (i disagreed with vb.net)

Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:06:02 GMT

1. What am I worth in the UK industry?

2. Help: Salary Info - What am I worth?

3. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

5. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

6. When is 5:00 AM not 5:00 AM? When it's 5:00 AM.

7. Class to control subform behavior - worth it?

8. FMS Source Code-Worth buying?

9. worth try

10. Is .Net worth it?

11. are those VB cert classes worth the $$?

12. Is worth to learn Visual Basic???