DX 8.1 SDK setup error
Author Message
 DX 8.1 SDK setup error

Hello!

I was trying to setup DX 8.1 SDK on my Win2000 SP2
computer and during the early fase of setup when its
trying to 'configuring windows installer', i get the
following error: 1608 Unable to create a InstallDriver
instance?

Any ideas for this weird error?

Regard
Jorge Cavalheiro

Tue, 02 Nov 2004 05:50:43 GMT
 DX 8.1 SDK setup error
The installshield installer program doesn't run correctly on Win2000 and
XP(v6.0 is lucky to run at all). I really have no idea how to fix it you
could go to their website.

Quote:
> Hello!

> I was trying to setup DX 8.1 SDK on my Win2000 SP2
> computer and during the early fase of setup when its
> trying to 'configuring windows installer', i get the
> following error: 1608 Unable to create a InstallDriver
> instance?

> Any ideas for this weird error?

> Regard
> Jorge Cavalheiro

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 08:55:37 GMT
 DX 8.1 SDK setup error
InstallShield is not the problem because it is not
running. Windows Installer is running.

Schuyler

Quote:

message

>> Hello!

>> I was trying to setup DX 8.1 SDK on my Win2000 SP2
>> computer and during the early fase of setup when its
>> trying to 'configuring windows installer', i get the
>> following error: 1608 Unable to create a InstallDriver
>> instance?

>> Any ideas for this weird error?

>> Regard
>> Jorge Cavalheiro

>.

Thu, 11 Nov 2004 04:43:11 GMT

1. VB DX 8.1 sdk

2. ANN: New DX 8.1 Visual Basic 6 samples

3. dx 8.1 d3d crashes

4. DX 8.1 and VB 6 video capture

5. Dx 8.1

6. DX 8.1 and VB6 for video capture

7. DirectX 8.1 SDK.

8. order DirectX 8.1 SDK on CD or DVD

9. DirectX 8.1 SDK CD?

10. DirectX 8.1 SDK and loss of Internet connection

11. ANN: DirectX 8.1 SDK now released

12. 8.1 CreateMeshFVF function on TL Vertex gives error