DirectX 9a Windows XP installation
Author Message
 DirectX 9a Windows XP installation

Hi,

I tried to install DirectX 9a using Windows Update on
Windows XP.  Each time I do it, I get the message "DirectX
did not copy a required file."

Is anyone else having this problem?  It's a bit annoying
since each time I run Windows Update, it indicates that
DirectX 9a is not installed.

Please advise.

Mon, 03 Oct 2005 09:37:09 GMT
 DirectX 9a Windows XP installation
I have been getting the same message each time I try.
Windows Update says that he installation is successful
and DXdiag does not inciate any problems.

Quote:

Wed, 05 Oct 2005 20:17:53 GMT
 DirectX 9a Windows XP installation
I am having the same problem. I purchased my system from
Dell and contacted them for assistance. The gentleman I
talk to indicated I would have to download all later
revisions from my current version (my current version is
Directx 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)). I attemped this by
downloading DirectX 9.0 (could not locate any additional
version). Still no luck. Either I missed an earlier
version or this approach is incorrect (not the first time
I have received incorrect information from Dell support
center.

Also, anyone's help would be appreciated.

Quote:

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 06:18:28 GMT
 DirectX 9a Windows XP installation
Debes instalar la version de DirectX desde un perfil que
este habilitado para poder instalar software.  Es decir
usa una cuenta que tenga permisos de admininstrador en la
maquina donde estas instalando DirectX.

Quote:

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:45:45 GMT

1. Directx 9a uninstall ??

2. DirectX 9a download

3. VB6.0 on Windows XP installation problem

4. Windows XP and Jet engine installation PWD

5. DatePicker problem under Windows XP and Office XP

6. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot

7. DirectX 9.0 installation issues

8. Directx 9.0a silent installation

9. DirectX 9 SDK installation and VS.NET

10. DirectX 8.0a installation failure

11. Directx crashes my computer during installation

12. Help with Directx 9 installation