Evil Automation Error
Author Message
 Evil Automation Error

When running the app on my computer: no problems.

I tried sending it to a friend (with DX8 too), and all he gets is
"Automation Error" with a series of alphanumeric characters.

Where in the world do I start to debug this?

Thankyou!

(By the way, I am managing to struggle through the cylinder... now just to
average all those normals to make it "smooth" :-)

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:57:09 GMT
 Evil Automation Error
Use D3DX8.GetErrorString to find out its symbolic name from which you should
be able to find out what goes wrong...

Patrice

Quote:
> When running the app on my computer: no problems.

> I tried sending it to a friend (with DX8 too), and all he gets is
> "Automation Error" with a series of alphanumeric characters.

> Where in the world do I start to debug this?

> Thankyou!

> (By the way, I am managing to struggle through the cylinder... now just to
> average all those normals to make it "smooth" :-)

Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:07:20 GMT

1. Evil Out of stack space error (Need help)

2. Compile error: Automation error, Error 32811: Unexpected error

3. Automation Error during Remote Procedure Call (RPC) using DCOM and Automation Manager

4. Compilation error: Automation Error (Error 440)

5. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

6. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

7. Compilation error/Automation error

8. Compile error: Automation error

9. Automation error (Error 440)

10. Error: Automation Error and other problems

11. Compile Error : Automation Error

12. Automation error... Error 424, Object Required