DirectX and VB.NET?
Author Message
 DirectX and VB.NET?

I have Visual Basic 6 and .NET to use.. (i am a lot more experienced in 6)
ok.. a few questions.. Im totally new to DirectX, i've looked at some
tutorials in the SDK and can sort of decipher them :)
Now that I have .NET should I use DirectX in .NET?
Do I use the same SDK for .NET?

-Flav

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:03:16 GMT
 DirectX and VB.NET?
no, it is not recommended to use DX 8.1 with .NET.

DX 9.0 will provide official .NET support for DX once its released.

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> I have visual basic 6 and .NET to use.. (i am a lot more experienced in 6)
> ok.. a few questions.. Im totally new to DirectX, i've looked at some
> tutorials in the SDK and can sort of decipher them :)
> Now that I have .NET should I use DirectX in .NET?
> Do I use the same SDK for .NET?

> -Flav

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:17:17 GMT
 DirectX and VB.NET?
What is the official release date for DX 9?

Quote:
> no, it is not recommended to use DX 8.1 with .NET.

> DX 9.0 will provide official .NET support for DX once its released.

> --

> Phil Taylor
> PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a
> few more bits and bobs.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx
rights.

> > I have visual basic 6 and .NET to use.. (i am a lot more experienced in
6)
> > ok.. a few questions.. Im totally new to DirectX, i've looked at some
> > tutorials in the SDK and can sort of decipher them :)
> > Now that I have .NET should I use DirectX in .NET?
> > Do I use the same SDK for .NET?

> > -Flav

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:04:01 GMT
 DirectX and VB.NET?
Nov-ish.

its possible to perform some experimentations with COM interop and the 8.1
VB typelib ( and if you search I am sure you will find info ) but there are
limitations everwhere and some things like DPlay plain just dont work.

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a
few more bits and bobs.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx

> What is the official release date for DX 9?

> > no, it is not recommended to use DX 8.1 with .NET.

> > DX 9.0 will provide official .NET support for DX once its released.

> > --

> > Phil Taylor
> > PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and
> > few more bits and bobs.
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx
> rights.

> > > I have visual basic 6 and .NET to use.. (i am a lot more experienced
in
> 6)
> > > ok.. a few questions.. Im totally new to DirectX, i've looked at some
> > > tutorials in the SDK and can sort of decipher them :)
> > > Now that I have .NET should I use DirectX in .NET?
> > > Do I use the same SDK for .NET?

> > > -Flav

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:07:10 GMT
 DirectX and VB.NET?
I'm not going to go all fancy with DX so the limitations probably won't
affect me.  I'll look into the COM interop thing and see if I can find any
examples.

-Flav

Quote:
> Nov-ish.

> its possible to perform some experimentations with COM interop and the 8.1
> VB typelib ( and if you search I am sure you will find info ) but there
are
> limitations everwhere and some things like DPlay plain just dont work.

> --
> Phil Taylor
> PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a
> few more bits and bobs.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx
rights.

> > What is the official release date for DX 9?

> > > no, it is not recommended to use DX 8.1 with .NET.

> > > DX 9.0 will provide official .NET support for DX once its released.

> > > --

> > > Phil Taylor
> > > PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers,
and
> > > few more bits and bobs.
> > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx
> > rights.

> in
> > 6)

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:15:27 GMT
 DirectX and VB.NET?
some things will work. some wont.

and you will lose 20-40% of perf due to COM interop.

DPlay thru the VB typelib and COM interop for sure just plain is broken, and
wont be fixed. any other issues you find, they wont be fixed.

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a
few more bits and bobs.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx

> I'm not going to go all fancy with DX so the limitations probably won't
> affect me.  I'll look into the COM interop thing and see if I can find any
> examples.

> -Flav

> > Nov-ish.

> > its possible to perform some experimentations with COM interop and the
8.1
> > VB typelib ( and if you search I am sure you will find info ) but there
> are
> > limitations everwhere and some things like DPlay plain just dont work.

> > --
> > Phil Taylor
> > PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and
> > few more bits and bobs.
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx
> rights.

> > > What is the official release date for DX 9?

> and
> > > rights.

> > in
> > > 6)
> some

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:33:14 GMT

1. DirectX and VB.net problem, help!

2. DirectX and VB.Net

3. DirectX in VB.NET

4. DirectX with VB.NET

5. DirectX and VB.Net ?

6. directx and vb.net

7. directx in vb.net

8. DirectX 8 - VB .Net (CaptureAudio)

9. DirectX in VB.NET

10. DirectX and VB.net

11. directx with vb.net

12. Directx and VB.net - where's D3DX gone ?