OpenGL is easier.
Author Message
 OpenGL is easier.

Look into it if you are not satisfied with the "help."

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 05:28:27 GMT
 OpenGL is easier.
please dont do this trolling here.

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> Look into it if you are not satisfied with the "help."

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:33:01 GMT
 OpenGL is easier.
I am generally intterested. I am brand new to programming but intend to
pursue it as a career, it is what I am doing at school. I messed about with
a adatabase app but that was too easy. I also messed about with trying to
use the WinRAR API to create a CD-ROM interface that automatically
decompressed the RAR's and shit, but found that too hard.

Now I am going to mess around with DirectX because there are lots of
information on it. I didn't even know DirectX could be linked with OpenGL,
have you got any good sites detailing how to do it?

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 03:21:46 GMT
 OpenGL is easier.
http://nehe.gamedev.net/

Here is a good site to get started in OpenGL.  It starts you from the
begginning and takes you to advanced features.  To me OpenGL seems easier.  If
you are stuck in VB it is a bit harder since almost all the examples are in
C++.  This NeHe site has about 20 tutorials in VB starting at one triangle and
taking you through more sophisticated programming.  If you want to learn
Direct X, go to www.directx4vb.com.  That also has alot of tutorials that
start you at the begginning and take you through to cool programs.  If you are
a begginner like me, don't waste your time with the Microsoft samples.  They
are about 100 pages long and very hard to follow.  Also, if you need help in
Direct X go here http://pub13.ezboard.com/fvisualbasicexplorerdirectx70  This
is a forum with people that will make an attempt to help you.  Don't expect
much help in this news group.  I have tried many times, and the most I ever
got out of the MS expert was three words.

Quote:

>I am generally intterested. I am brand new to programming but intend to
>pursue it as a career, it is what I am doing at school. I messed about with
>a adatabase app but that was too easy. I also messed about with trying to
>use the WinRAR API to create a CD-ROM interface that automatically
>decompressed the RAR's and shit, but found that too hard.

>Now I am going to mess around with DirectX because there are lots of
>information on it. I didn't even know DirectX could be linked with OpenGL,
>have you got any good sites detailing how to do it?

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:52:22 GMT

1. What am I doing wrong (easy).

2. Am I missing something incredibly easy?

3. EASY QUESTION but i am a newbie

4. Regular expression - It should be easy, but I am having a bad time

5. Easy for you...I am lost!

6. Easy for you...I am lost!

7. Easy for you...I am lost!

8. Easy way to see if I am connected to network

9. EASY EASY EASY question

10. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

12. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control