DirectDraw9
Author Message
 DirectDraw9

Just out of curiosoity, Is there going to be a DirectDraw9 and if so will VB
support it?

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 10:39:51 GMT
 DirectDraw9
Just a guess based on old plans. It's possible to see 2D specific hardware
features back in DX9 (such as overlays) but it is unlikely IMO to see
something general like DirectDraw as the trend is to have a single API (and
underlying architecture) for both 2D and 3D needs....

Patrice

Quote:
> Just out of curiosoity, Is there going to be a DirectDraw9 and if so will
VB
> support it?

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 14:56:58 GMT
 DirectDraw9
But in DX8, D3D is not my favorved choice for making 2D programs, so how
long is DD7 going to be around for?

Quote:
> Just a guess based on old plans. It's possible to see 2D specific hardware
> features back in DX9 (such as overlays) but it is unlikely IMO to see
> something general like DirectDraw as the trend is to have a single API
(and
> underlying architecture) for both 2D and 3D needs....

> Patrice

> > Just out of curiosoity, Is there going to be a DirectDraw9 and if so
will
> VB
> > support it?

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:50:46 GMT
 DirectDraw9
Each new DirectX release always provide earlier interfaces to support
existing applications. You can use DirectDraw 7.0 as long as you want...

Patrice

Quote:
> But in DX8, D3D is not my favorved choice for making 2D programs, so how
> long is DD7 going to be around for?

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:46:10 GMT
 DirectDraw9
correct, we understand in a few situations there is a valid reason to favor
DDraw 7 over D3D8 and above for 2D apps.

thats why Managed DirectX will provide DDraw bindings.

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, WindowsXP Inbox 3D Screensavers, and a

> Each new DirectX release always provide earlier interfaces to support
> existing applications. You can use DirectDraw 7.0 as long as you want...

> Patrice

> > But in DX8, D3D is not my favorved choice for making 2D programs, so how
> > long is DD7 going to be around for?

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 03:09:09 GMT