Using Mouse to Rotate around an object......
Author Message
 Using Mouse to Rotate around an object......

  Hello All,
       I am very new to DX Programming (Not new to programming itself though
:) )
I hope i'm not asking a question that has been answered a hundre times
before. Anyway,
I'm just making simple objects and rotating them for practice. What I would
like
to do is rotate the camera around and object using the mouse, very similair
to an effect
you see in Virtual Pool. Sort of like the camera following a circle of a
certain radius (depends
on how far you are from the object), controlled by the mouse. I hope this
makes
sense. Thanks in advance.

Kenny :)

Tue, 23 Dec 2003 05:46:14 GMT
 Using Mouse to Rotate around an object......
I don't have the SDK handy but you should find this in most samples (for
example the mesh viewer).

--
Patrice
http://www.chez.com/scribe/

Quote:
>   Hello All,
>        I am very new to DX Programming (Not new to programming itself
though
> :) )
> I hope i'm not asking a question that has been answered a hundre times
> before. Anyway,
> I'm just making simple objects and rotating them for practice. What I
would
> like
> to do is rotate the camera around and object using the mouse, very
similair
> to an effect
> you see in Virtual Pool. Sort of like the camera following a circle of a
> certain radius (depends
> on how far you are from the object), controlled by the mouse. I hope this
> makes
> sense. Thanks in advance.

> Kenny :)

Thu, 25 Dec 2003 20:44:54 GMT

1. Rotating objects around Y axis to face viewer

2. Rotate one pixel around another pixel...

3. How To Rotate Text Around Its Center Point

4. Creating objects in runtime using the mouse??

5. Rotate a cursor image with mouse

6. Turning 3d objects using a mouse

7. How do you rotate an object around an arbitrary Point?

8. Wrapper around OLE objects?

9. Moving around objects

10. Making objects around a dataset (XSD), inheriting questions

11. Keeping ADO objects around.

12. Creating handles around objects to manipulate them at runtime