How to do Transparent objects
Author Message
 How to do Transparent objects

Hi All,
I'm still relativly new to VB + DirectX, and I'd like to know how to do a
particular task, I've not seen any example yet for this.....
I have a rectangle with a texture applied to it (a photo), and I can see it,
rotate it etc, but I'd like to make it semi-transparent, so I can still see
the texture, but I could also see any object behind it, sort of like a
stained-glass window, you can see the coloured pattern, but also see
outside. I've seen it done in DX-based games, and I've accomplished this
using API calls for Alpha-blending, but not sure of how to do this in DX.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

p.s. I'm using DirectX 8.1 (D3D)

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:54:14 GMT
 How to do Transparent objects

Take a look at this:
http://www.visualbasicforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45591&high...
ranslucent

You'll want the reply from DrunkenHyena (3rd post down).

-Nerseus

Quote:
> Hi All,
> I'm still relativly new to VB + DirectX, and I'd like to know how to do a
> particular task, I've not seen any example yet for this.....
> I have a rectangle with a texture applied to it (a photo), and I can see
it,
> rotate it etc, but I'd like to make it semi-transparent, so I can still
see
> the texture, but I could also see any object behind it, sort of like a
> stained-glass window, you can see the coloured pattern, but also see
> outside. I've seen it done in DX-based games, and I've accomplished this
> using API calls for Alpha-blending, but not sure of how to do this in DX.

> Thanks in advance for any assistance,

> p.s. I'm using DirectX 8.1 (D3D)

Fri, 08 Jul 2005 22:11:50 GMT

1. Doing Mouse Events on a Transparent ActiveX Control?

2. Doing Mouse Events on a Transparent ActiveX Control?

3. Book: Doing objects in Visual Basic

4. Recordset object, what am i doing wrong?

5. Object Persistence - Can this be done?

6. Transparent backgrounds on picture objects

7. font transparent on printer object doesn't work

8. Transparent backgrounds on picture objects

9. Transparent PaintPicture object?

10. Transparent form and other objects...

11. Transparent Objects?