Sound on CE
Author Message
 Sound on CE

I have a requirement to play multiple WAV files (20 or so loaded, and
perhaps up to 7 playing) mixed together with separately specified
frequencies and volumes and looping. I have prototype code running in VB6
using DirectSound from DX8. I works well. The target platform is Pocket PC.

Does anyone have any idea how you are going to be able to get at the
equivalent of DirectSound functionality through VB.NET (I'm thinking
specifically about the compact framework on pocket PC, but a general answer
would be a start)

Also does DirectSound have a master volume, or do I really have to multiply
the master level by the individual level and apply it to each sound
separately?

TIA

Simon

Simon

Mon, 17 May 2004 18:03:57 GMT

1. Windows CE or not Windows CE?

2. Difference b/w CE and CE.Net

3. Sounds - Playing System Event Sounds (asterisk, critical stop, question, etc)

4. sound via sound card?

5. A: Sound Blaster Sound

6. Sound Blaster Sound

7. QBasic Sound Programs using Sound Blaster and Adlib Cards Here

8. Get sound from Sound Card

9. Caputure sound from microphone ( connected with sound card )in VB6

10. Capturing sound info from sound card without a WAV file

11. Sound Controls recording / reversing sounds from within VB

12. Directing Sound to modem or sound card