Can I use DirectInput in MDI Child..??
Author Message
 Can I use DirectInput in MDI Child..??

Hi to all..
   I have a parent form (normal form with text boxes n all.. no DirectX),
but i need to have a child form which is controlled by DirectInput (mouse).
The form itself as seperate entity is working perfectly, but when called as
a child, it does not aquire the device (fails to set the cooperative level
also). I am using DX9 + VB.NET
    I need to know if i am going wrong somewhere or DirectInput doesnt allow
me to work on a child form. And if i can, please let me know how i can.

looking for any help/suggesion...   thanks a lot..

regards
Phalgun Babu

Sun, 08 Jan 2006 17:54:26 GMT
 Can I use DirectInput in MDI Child..??
Have you tried to set cooperative level with DISCL_NONEXCLUSIVE |
DISCL_BACKGROUND?

--
Quanzhan Zheng
Windows Graphics and {*filter*} Technologies

> Hi to all..
>    I have a parent form (normal form with text boxes n all.. no DirectX),
> but i need to have a child form which is controlled by DirectInput
(mouse).
> The form itself as seperate entity is working perfectly, but when called
as
> a child, it does not aquire the device (fails to set the cooperative level
> also). I am using DX9 + VB.NET
>     I need to know if i am going wrong somewhere or DirectInput doesnt
allow
> me to work on a child form. And if i can, please let me know how i can.

> looking for any help/suggesion...   thanks a lot..

> regards
> Phalgun Babu

Wed, 11 Jan 2006 03:09:54 GMT

1. Using MDI Menus with child menu when child are hidden for popup

2. Using MDI Menus with child menu when child are hidden for popup

3. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

4. MDI problem, com MDI to MDI-child

5. MDI problem, com MDI to MDI-child

6. MDI problem, com MDI to MDI child

7. Using a form contained in a VB OLE DLL as a child of the MDI form

8. Using the MDI Child property on GUI's gen'd by an ActiveX DLL

9. Crystal 5 reports maximizing using API (MDI child)

10. Type mismatch error when using show method on MDI Child with borderstyle=4 (fixed toolwindow)

11. Using MDI Child forms from different components

12. MDI - Using Proc multiple Children or Multiple Calls