It's needed to redistribute the redist files
Author Message
 It's needed to redistribute the redist files

Hello again:
    This time is a short answer ;) ?It's mandatory to include redist files
with my setup program, although the users already have DirectX installed on
their machines? Most of them have installed MSFlight Simulator, which
include it.
    Thank you very much in advance. Regards
Juan Daniel Lpez

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:13:05 GMT
 It's needed to redistribute the redist files

Quote:
> Hello again:
>     This time is a short answer ;) ?It's mandatory to include redist files
> with my setup program, although the users already have DirectX installed
on
> their machines? Most of them have installed MSFlight Simulator, which
> include it.
>     Thank you very much in advance. Regards

No, it's not mandatory.

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:22:26 GMT
 It's needed to redistribute the redist files
you  have to make this decision yourself.

the redist is free and can be included as long as you follow the rules in
the redist EULA.

but its not required.

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> Hello again:
>     This time is a short answer ;) ?It's mandatory to include redist files
> with my setup program, although the users already have DirectX installed
on
> their machines? Most of them have installed MSFlight Simulator, which
> include it.
>     Thank you very much in advance. Regards
> Juan Daniel Lpez

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:31:59 GMT
 It's needed to redistribute the redist files
Thanks very much for the answer

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:28:52 GMT

1. Q: Which files do I need to redistribute

2. MDAC 2.1 SP2 Redist CAB file?

3. How to know what files to redistribute?

4. Word.Application Object - Redist

5. Which to install--SDK, redist, or ASP.NET Premium

6. redist MDAC 2.6 and Jet

7. Database= redist.Mdac with installationfile?

8. vb3.0 commdlg.dll redist question

9. Beginner's question - How to determine which DLL files needed

10. Need help with VB's messed up file saving

11. Need format of Win31's Cardfile files

12. Help : need function that returns file's version