New to DirectX -- Need to generate tones in VB.NET
Author Message
 New to DirectX -- Need to generate tones in VB.NET

Hi -- I'm new to DirectX (2 days now). I've searched the web to find example
of what I want to do, which is -- Create variable frequency tones at various
lengths of time... I found a web site with this Direct Animation control
example..

    m = DACtl.MeterLibrary;       // select the library

    rawSound = m.SinSynth.rate(800); // 800Hz sine wave

    DACtl.Sound = rawSound;                    // select this sound to
render
    DACtl.image = m.solidColorImage(m.black);  // make background black
    DACtl.Start();

I want to duplicate this in Visual Basic (.net) so I came up with this which
I thought might do it....
Dim DA As DirectAnimation.DAViewerControlClass
Dim DAIDAStatics As DirectAnimation.IDAStatics
Dim DASound As DirectAnimation.DASound

DA = New DirectAnimation.DAViewerControlClass()
DAIDAStatics = DA.MeterLibrary()
DA.Sound = DAIDAStatics.SinSynth.Rate(800)

DA.Start()

It runs but there is no sound....am I way off on this? Can anyone lend a
hand?

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:46:52 GMT

1. Need to generate tones through PC speaker in VB4

2. Generating tones with VB/Win 3.0

3. Generating MIDI tones

4. Q: How to generate tones in VB6

5. How to generate DTMF tones

6. Wanting to generate DTMF tone in VB4.0 and SoundBlaster

7. Generating tones?

8. New to VB.net - need to read CSV File into Data Grid

9. Need help with my custom .NET/Directx RCW.

10. Opening a new window in ASP.NET and VB.NET

11. New VB Samples, Internet Client/Server, DirectX, Others

12. New VB Samples (Client/Server, Internet , DirectX, Others)