Novice Question
Author Message
 Novice Question

Are there helper functions for rotation of a vertex buffer?  I only see
matrix rotations.

Please educate me.

TIA,
Charles

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:02:59 GMT
 Novice Question
you set the world, view, and projection transform, then with vertex buffer
mapped to the current stream(s), the invocation of a DrawPrim call then
takes the vertex data and the current composite viewing transform,
transforms ( and perhaps lights it ) and sends the resultant vertex data
down to the pixel pipeline.
.
either sw or hw TnL,whether fixed function or programmable vertex shader.

in other words, you arent quite looking at things right.

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> Are there helper functions for rotation of a vertex buffer?  I only see
> matrix rotations.

> Please educate me.

> TIA,
> Charles

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:19:30 GMT
 Novice Question
I think you have to do all transformations by changing your vertex-data
manually, this is slow but it's the only possible solution. I use to
precalculate the most I can (that uses much memory but it's fast :))

Quote:
> you set the world, view, and projection transform, then with vertex buffer
> mapped to the current stream(s), the invocation of a DrawPrim call then
> takes the vertex data and the current composite viewing transform,
> transforms ( and perhaps lights it ) and sends the resultant vertex data
> down to the pixel pipeline.
> .
> either sw or hw TnL,whether fixed function or programmable vertex shader.

> in other words, you arent quite looking at things right.

> --
> Phil Taylor
> PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a
> few more bits and bobs.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx
rights.

> > Are there helper functions for rotation of a vertex buffer?  I only see
> > matrix rotations.

> > Please educate me.

> > TIA,
> > Charles

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:39:05 GMT

1. Creating User Forms - Novice question

2. Unable to return ouput parameters to VB.net component - novice question

3. Return values from VB.net component - Novice Question

4. VB Interface Implementation - Novice Question

5. Novice question on KeyPress

6. DAO novice questions

7. Novice question about Stored Procedures

8. crystal report novice questions

9. Novice question

10. Novice Question: csv file parsing

11. Novice question about time functions

12. Novice question - Controlling one control with another