Is it possible to render to other targets than the backbuffer?
Author Message
 Is it possible to render to other targets than the backbuffer?

Hi to all,

I'm using VB 6 and DirectX 7. And here I have a question:

Is it possible to set the "Rendertarget" for my D3DDevice to an
offsreen-surface other than the "backbuffer".
I would blit this surface to the backbuffer, when needed.

This would shurely simplify my code.

Anybody has any idea?

--
Greetings out of {*filter*}space,
mondspeer

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:52:44 GMT
 Is it possible to render to other targets than the backbuffer?
Direct3DDevice7.SetRenderTarget

The Direct3DDevice7.SetRenderTarget method permits the application to easily
route rendering output to a new DirectDraw surface as a render target.

so the answer is yes.

CMyD3DApplication::ChangeRenderTarget in the C++ sample framework shows a
usage, as do several of the C++ samples.

VB usage seems to be hard to find for DX 7,
http://www.*-*-*.com/
that shows how to use rendertargets.

hth

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> Hi to all,

> I'm using VB 6 and DirectX 7. And here I have a question:

> Is it possible to set the "Rendertarget" for my D3DDevice to an
> offsreen-surface other than the "backbuffer".
> I would blit this surface to the backbuffer, when needed.

> This would shurely simplify my code.

> Anybody has any idea?

> --
> Greetings out of {*filter*}space,
> mondspeer

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 07:13:51 GMT
 Is it possible to render to other targets than the backbuffer?
Well thanks a lot. I'm going to try it out and will post the results here.

--
Gr?e aus dem {*filter*}space,
mondspeer

Quote:
> Direct3DDevice7.SetRenderTarget

> The Direct3DDevice7.SetRenderTarget method permits the application to
easily
> route rendering output to a new DirectDraw surface as a render target.

> so the answer is yes.

> CMyD3DApplication::ChangeRenderTarget in the C++ sample framework shows a
> usage, as do several of the C++ samples.

> VB usage seems to be hard to find for DX 7,
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> that shows how to use rendertargets.

> hth

> --

> Phil Taylor
> PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a
> few more bits and bobs.
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
rights.

> > Hi to all,

> > I'm using VB 6 and DirectX 7. And here I have a question:

> > Is it possible to set the "Rendertarget" for my D3DDevice to an
> > offsreen-surface other than the "backbuffer".
> > I would blit this surface to the backbuffer, when needed.

> > This would shurely simplify my code.

> > Anybody has any idea?

> > --
> > Greetings out of {*filter*}space,
> > mondspeer

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:46:54 GMT
 Is it possible to render to other targets than the backbuffer?
Hi, as I got the first results, now i'm going to post them:

It is possible, to have different surfaces which are initialized using the
"D3D_3DDevice"-Flag.
But it doesn't seem to have a normal offscreen-surface with the
"D3D_Complex"-Flag.

I am going to see, how it works.

--

Greetings out of {*filter*}space,
Mondspeer

Quote:
> Well thanks a lot. I'm going to try it out and will post the results here.

> --
> Gr?e aus dem {*filter*}space,
> mondspeer

Newsbeitrag

> > Direct3DDevice7.SetRenderTarget

> > The Direct3DDevice7.SetRenderTarget method permits the application to
> easily
> > route rendering output to a new DirectDraw surface as a render target.

> > so the answer is yes.

> > CMyD3DApplication::ChangeRenderTarget in the C++ sample framework shows
> > usage, as do several of the C++ samples.

> > VB usage seems to be hard to find for DX 7,
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/
> > that shows how to use rendertargets.

> > hth

> > --

> > Phil Taylor
> > PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and
> > few more bits and bobs.
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/
> rights.

> > > Hi to all,

> > > I'm using VB 6 and DirectX 7. And here I have a question:

> > > Is it possible to set the "Rendertarget" for my D3DDevice to an
> > > offsreen-surface other than the "backbuffer".
> > > I would blit this surface to the backbuffer, when needed.

> > > This would shurely simplify my code.

> > > Anybody has any idea?

> > > --
> > > Greetings out of {*filter*}space,
> > > mondspeer

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:04:13 GMT

1. I am custom Traverse97 Programmer, seeking others.

2. Is this possible, or am I pushing it?

3. Is this possible, or am I pushing it?

4. Is this possible, or am I pushing it?

5. is this possible or am I dreaming

6. D3D backbuffer hDC?

7. write in the backbuffer of another application

8. Accessing backbuffer surface memory in DirectX 8.0

9. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

11. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

12. When is 5:00 AM not 5:00 AM? When it's 5:00 AM.