dx9 directdraw
Author Message
 dx9 directdraw

I want to render a surface even if only parts of it is visible.
How do I do that?

Sincerely,
Sven Nilsen

--
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 11 Jul 2005 03:53:39 GMT
 dx9 directdraw

If I remember when a part of  a blit falls "outside" the destination
surface, no copy is done. You'll have to adjust the source/destination rect
accordingly.

If your 32x32 sprite is near the bottom right corner of the screen, you'll
have to copy just the visible part by adjusting the RECT (ie. you'll use a
18x20 source RECT depending on what portion is visible). uou may have also
to adjust the detinatinon RECT...

Patrice

Quote:
> I want to render a surface even if only parts of it is visible.
> How do I do that?

> Sincerely,
> Sven Nilsen

> --
> http://www.walni.no

Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:29:06 GMT
 dx9 directdraw

Thanks.
--
http://www.walni.no

Quote:
> If I remember when a part of  a blit falls "outside" the destination
> surface, no copy is done. You'll have to adjust the source/destination
rect
> accordingly.

> If your 32x32 sprite is near the bottom right corner of the screen, you'll
> have to copy just the visible part by adjusting the RECT (ie. you'll use a
> 18x20 source RECT depending on what portion is visible). uou may have also
> to adjust the detinatinon RECT...

> Patrice

> > I want to render a surface even if only parts of it is visible.
> > How do I do that?

> > Sincerely,
> > Sven Nilsen

> > --
> > http://www.walni.no

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:12:09 GMT

1. dx9 directdraw surface

2. DX9.0b optimizations?

3. EmptyProject.vbproj & DX9 SDK

4. mouse interface in DX9, info needed..

5. DX9 VB .Net Docs--WHERE?!

6. dx9.0a install problem, and question

7. Having trouble installing DX9

8. Problems with DX9.0