Joystick Interrupts
Author Message
 Joystick Interrupts

Hello fellow developers!

Here is my situation. If there is anyone out there that
can help me it would be much appreciated.

I am using a MS Sidewinder Joystick in my application and
the Direct Input interface. I am finding that while using
the joystick there is some duplication of interrupts. For
instance:

I deflect the joystick in the positive X direction and at
the same time I press button 1. The result is along the
lines of a bouncing on button 1.

I was assuming that DirectX would handle the debouncing
issue but I am not sure now. If I deflect the joystick I
want it to handle one button click and one button click
only.

Any advice out there?

Thanks
Jason

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:13:19 GMT
 Joystick Interrupts
Hello fellow developers!

Here is my situation. If there is anyone out there that
can help me it would be much appreciated.

I am using a MS Sidewinder Joystick in my application and
the Direct Input interface. I am finding that while using
the joystick there is some duplication of interrupts. For
instance:

I deflect the joystick in the positive X direction and at
the same time I press button 1. The result is along the
lines of a bouncing on button 1.

I was assuming that DirectX would handle the debouncing
issue but I am not sure now. If I deflect the joystick I
want it to handle one button click and one button click
only.

Any advice out there?

Thanks
Jason

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:14:16 GMT
 Joystick Interrupts
do the SDK samples have the same behavior?

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> Hello fellow developers!

> Here is my situation. If there is anyone out there that
> can help me it would be much appreciated.

> I am using a MS Sidewinder Joystick in my application and
> the Direct Input interface. I am finding that while using
> the joystick there is some duplication of interrupts. For
> instance:

> I deflect the joystick in the positive X direction and at
> the same time I press button 1. The result is along the
> lines of a bouncing on button 1.

> I was assuming that DirectX would handle the debouncing
> issue but I am not sure now. If I deflect the joystick I
> want it to handle one button click and one button click
> only.

> Any advice out there?

> Thanks
> Jason

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 03:34:46 GMT
 Joystick Interrupts
Yes

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 04:10:19 GMT

1. Joystick output (Joystick Programming in vb)

2. How do I get the size of a file using Interrupt or Interrupt

3. Regarding JOYSTICK in VB

4. Joystick support for VB.NET

5. Need Joystick Code

6. Help me... Controle joystick with VisualBasic

7. Joystick: Is there an alternative to Stick and Strig

8. Need help in reading the joysticks in QB..

9. How to access joystick in qbasic

10. Using the joystick

11. joystick problems in FirstBasic

12. Stable Joystick routine for Qbasic 4.5?