VB DirectShow IMediaSeeking Wrapper and other DirectShow Questions
Author Message
 VB DirectShow IMediaSeeking Wrapper and other DirectShow Questions

Hey all,

Does one exist?  I know sometimes people will write wrappers for DirectX
functions that don't normally exist for VB so I was wondering if one existed
for IMediaSeeking.  There's a lot of properties and methods in that one that
I wouldn't mind getting my grubby hands on.

Also, is there a way to make DirectShow update the filters when you move to
a new position?  Say you've got an avi file and some filter that is on
throughout the whole thing and it changes depending on what time you're at
in the file, standard stuff.  Now say you stop the file and set the current
position to 0 or some other position.  Whenever I've done this the most I
get is the frame of video at that specific time but none of the filters.
It's like I want to seek to a certain frame and then see what that frame
looks like with all the filters applied against it.  Hopefully that makes
some sense since I'm not a directx or multimedia kinda guy.

Also, how can I get at and set individual filter properties?

Hope to hear from someone knowledgeable.

Sam Shults

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:32:59 GMT

1. DirectShow wrapper class

2. DirectShow - Question!

3. Quick DirectShow Question on Seeking

4. DirectShow Bugs and questions

5. VB.NET/DirectShow/VideoCapture

6. DirectShow / DirectSound in VB?

7. How do I use DirectShow API In VB?

8. Using DirectShow with VB

9. DirectShow - Can I Do This With VB?

10. VB + DirectShow = No Documentation?

11. VB / DirectShow - Now Desperate.. (lol)

12. Tutoral on DirectShow with VB