How to check if D3DEVTYPE_HAL is usable
Author Message
 How to check if D3DEVTYPE_HAL is usable

Hello all,

I am on my first steps on ActiveX8 programming.
(Windows-95 using VB6).

When doing a CreateDevice Call with the D3DEVTYPE_HAL
I get an err.nr=-2005530516.
When using D3DEVTYPE_REF all goes fine.

When running DXDIAG.EXE tho following is displayed:

DirectDraw Acceleration :    Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration :        Enabled
AGP texture Acceleration :   Enabled

Furthermore I see significant speed difference between 'software-'
and 'hardware accelerated rendering' when performing the 'Direct3D'
test.

The DXCapsViewer also seems to display two 'DirectDrawDevices'
- Primary Display Driver (display)
- Hardware Emulation Layer.

I am struggling for 2 days with this problem, and I am lost.

Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong ?

Thanks in advance,

Arie Voors.

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:27:40 GMT

1. How to check if D3DDEVTYPE_HALL is usable (with reply address)

2. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

4. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

5. help with syntax to make code re-usable

6. Concatenate two fields to one usable variable

7. How to get duration into usable format

8. Determining the usable area of a page

9. Word Template using activeX fields not usable when opened on Mac

10. MSForms controlsource property usable in word?

11. Is UInt32 usable in VB.net?

12. Visible Property Not Usable in VBScript / Active X ???