How can I draw a 3D room with DX8?
Author Message
 How can I draw a 3D room with DX8?

Dear all,

In my program, I need create a 3D rectangle. It should be like a room, in it
there are others 3D object. The 3D room can rotate like in 3D MAX, all
object in it keep their position. Furthermore, I want to move one of its
side, then it will show the object in it.

I'm new to DX. Could someone give me the code example? Since my program
isn't a game, I don't need it show in fullscreen, in a Picturebox will be
prefer.

Thanks,
QcSupervisor

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:48:36 GMT
 How can I draw a 3D room with DX8?
single room, the C++ Lights sample draws part of a room and could be easily
expanded to finish the other 2 walls and roof.

more than a room see the DPlay Maze sample, it shows how to generate a maze
and use Kruskals' algorithm to find a path.

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> Dear all,

> In my program, I need create a 3D rectangle. It should be like a room, in
it
> there are others 3D object. The 3D room can rotate like in 3D MAX, all
> object in it keep their position. Furthermore, I want to move one of its
> side, then it will show the object in it.

> I'm new to DX. Could someone give me the code example? Since my program
> isn't a game, I don't need it show in fullscreen, in a Picturebox will be
> prefer.

> Thanks,
> QcSupervisor

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:26:32 GMT

1. 3D Rooms

2. Mixing 3D and 2D in DX8

3. Some problems DX8.0-DX8.1

4. Drawing a 3D line

5. Removing 3d Effect From Owner-Drawn Menus

6. pseudo 3d drawing, any links?

7. To Helie Draw 3D Text on Form??

8. Drawing a 3D Pie Chart

9. Easy way to draw 3D?