dx9.0a install problem, and question
Author Message
 dx9.0a install problem, and question

When I attempt to install dx9.0a on my Win XP Pro sp1
(retail) system, it gives me an error at what looks like
70% into copying the files, and the installation aborts.
Windows Update is no help, as that appears to still be
broke. My question is, can I do a search and replace using
the .dll files from dx9, replacing the dx8.1 files listed
in dxdiag's files tab? Thank you for any advise.

Win XP Pro SP1 (retail)
Asus P4P800
P4c 2.4 cpu
1024 mb corsair pc3200
WD 40.0 gb hdd
ATI 9500 Pro 128 mb

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 03:37:41 GMT
 dx9.0a install problem, and question
With a lot of help from Doug from the MS telephone help
center, I found out the answer to my problem:

I was almost to the point of doing a full format, and re-
install. Well, the problem turned out to be in the
services that should have been, but were not running.
The "Cryptographic Service" needs to be set to automatic,
and currently running. I had set that service, as well as
some others to off, when i read in some Win XP tweak site
that it would make things faster. Obviously, this pertains
to Win XP only, and possibly Win 2000. I hope this helps.

To view, and change services, go to start -> Run, then
type "services.msc", then OK. Look for "Cryptographic
Services", and make the change, if needed.

Quote:

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:53:54 GMT
 dx9.0a install problem, and question
I having same issue. During install, it fails to copy a
file just as it tries to finalize. Then bombs out.
Checked service and it running already. Must be something
else..
Quote:

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 03:34:10 GMT
 dx9.0a install problem, and question
I have the same problem...if you figured out how can u
email me?....i've been trying for a while now... only a
month or two
Quote:

Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:05:09 GMT
 dx9.0a install problem, and question
HELP !! Same thing happens to me .....it fails to copy a
required file. Will be VERY greatfull if anyone could help
me out on this one. Lars from Norway
Quote:

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 06:33:45 GMT

1. Dx9.0a problem with D3D

2. downloaded Dx9.0a

3. DX9.0a

4. Having trouble installing DX9

5. Install dx9 on deploy

6. DX9 SDK Install Issues - reporting to MS

7. Problem/question using VB4.0a and VSS 4.0

8. VB 4.0a Install

9. VB 4.0 Install Dies!! and VB 4.0a

10. Create mesh DX9 question, Lighting.VB example

11. question about directinput and dx9

12. Problems with DX9.0