C# with direct x
Author Message
 C# with direct x

Hi all,
I was just wondering if someone could please answer me one
simple question. Can C# use direct x libraries.
Thanks,
Conor

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:39:14 GMT
 C# with direct x
must can la, he have a sample of donkey is using a library base on directx8
to develope ga,hahaha

Quote:
> Hi all,
> I was just wondering if someone could please answer me one
> simple question. Can C# use direct x libraries.
> Thanks,
> Conor

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:47:52 GMT
 C# with direct x
Yes but current librairies were not made with .NET in mind and you'll run
into some problems... DX9 will provide a managed library. You should find
some more info in past messages...

Patrice

Quote:
> Hi all,
> I was just wondering if someone could please answer me one
> simple question. Can C# use direct x libraries.
> Thanks,
> Conor

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:01:28 GMT
 C# with direct x
Patrice is absolutely correct.

if you feel the learning experience would be worthwhile,
http://sunlightd.virtualave.net/Windows/DirectX.NET/ might help.

but expect Managed DirectX in DX 9.0 will require code changes from the 8.1
usage.

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> Yes but current librairies were not made with .NET in mind and you'll run
> into some problems... DX9 will provide a managed library. You should find
> some more info in past messages...

> Patrice

> > Hi all,
> > I was just wondering if someone could please answer me one
> > simple question. Can C# use direct x libraries.
> > Thanks,
> > Conor

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:31:06 GMT
 C# with direct x
Sort of. But it's hard. Much better to wait for DX 9 which will have a managed .NET interface.

Max Bolingbroke

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:31:42 GMT

1. Convert VB.Net to C#, convert C# to VB.Net

2. VB to C# or C# to VB convertor

3. Direct X 7 or Direct X 8

4. Jobs: ASP.NET vs C# or VB.NET vs C# ?

5. Events: How to pass C# events to VB7 (or from VB7 to C#)?

6. Sorting an items collection in C#

7. Custom Item C#

8. newMail event handling in C#

9. Searching for (non trivial) Outlook 2000 add-in examples in C#/VB .NET

10. Programming Word through C#

11. Outlook C#

12. Excel HRESULT: 0x800A03EC when using Workbooks.open or Workbooks._opentext in C#