DirectX90 Reference files
Author Message
 DirectX90 Reference files

Given VB and C# both generate MSIL, I ask the following question.

I am using C# w DX90 and started by attempting to get the lighting.cs
example up and running.
However,
using Microsoft.DirectX;
using Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D;
requires three satisfied references
Microsoft.DirectX
Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX

What are the exact names of the files I need to satisfy the references.  I
don't think it's DirectX.dll  and similar files for the other two, although
that would make sense to me.
T I A
Confused Bob

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 04:18:25 GMT
 DirectX90 Reference files
DirectX.dll > 3D Matrixes, DX Exceptions, etc
DirectX.Direct3D.dll > Direct3D
DirectX.Direct3DX.dll > Direct3D Extensions

You NEED the developer runtime or they won't exist because they are not part
of the End-User Runtime so you can run .Net DirectX apps on the End-User but
can't build them

Quote:
> Given VB and C# both generate MSIL, I ask the following question.

> I am using C# w DX90 and started by attempting to get the lighting.cs
> example up and running.
> However,
> using Microsoft.DirectX;
> using Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D;
> requires three satisfied references
> Microsoft.DirectX
> Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
> Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX

> What are the exact names of the files I need to satisfy the references.  I
> don't think it's DirectX.dll  and similar files for the other two,
although
> that would make sense to me.
> T I A
> Confused Bob

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 03:09:53 GMT

1. Help file search references Front Page Help files?????

2. Problem with file references in .vbp files

3. References Collection of a Referenced MDB

4. References: Update References in MDE to other MDEs

5. Referencing object in form in code / Subform reference problem in code

6. Cross Reference - Reference Not Found

7. reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference

8. dotnet Reference to non-shared member requires object reference - Global.asax.vb

9. Reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference

10. Project References Vs Binary References

11. Reference to a non-shared member requires an object reference