using both dx7 & dx8 type lib
Author Message
 using both dx7 & dx8 type lib

i'm using dx7 type lib for directdraw and dx8 for directinput.
when dx7 has higher priority than dx8, all DIKEYBOARDSTATE vars
recieves byref argument type mismatch . if i prioritize dx8, the RECT vars
gets
the mismatch error.
how can i resolve this?
is there directdraw in dx8?
and where can i get the documentation for directdraw7? i have dx8.1sdk
thanks!

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 23:38:52 GMT
 using both dx7 & dx8 type lib
You could use the library name as a prefix (I believe "dxvblib" for DX7 and
"dxvbliba" for DX8) :

Dim MyRect As dxvblib.RECT ' DX7 RECT
Dim MyState As dxvbliba.DIKEYBOARDSTATE ' DX8 DIKEYBOARDSTATE

The DX7 SDK is still available from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/dir...

It should be also in DX8 Sdk as Word files in an extra folder...

Patrice

Quote:
> i'm using dx7 type lib for directdraw and dx8 for directinput.
> when dx7 has higher priority than dx8, all DIKEYBOARDSTATE vars
> recieves byref argument type mismatch . if i prioritize dx8, the RECT vars
> gets
> the mismatch error.
> how can i resolve this?
> is there directdraw in dx8?
> and where can i get the documentation for directdraw7? i have dx8.1sdk
> thanks!

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 01:03:29 GMT

1. DX7 btblt function in DX8???

2. DX7 to DX8: Im confused

3. I need the DX7 VB Type Library!

4. I need the DX7 VB Type Library!

5. Using types in a different assembly given that the type may be used or not used

6. Some problems DX8.0-DX8.1

7. VB6, DX8.1, & ConvertToBlendedMesh

8. DX8.1 & Visual Basic DirectSound Problem

10. VB6 & DX8 Poly Pusher

11. What DX7 RM Device Am I Using ?

12. DX8 & vertex streaming