DirectX8 to DirectX9.. doubt..
Author Message
 DirectX8 to DirectX9.. doubt..

hi to all..
   I have my application built on VB6 + DirectX8. I need to do the same
on VB.NET. I just wanted to know the best choice, i.e. to use Directx9
or to keep working on DirectX8 on .NET. I need it from the simplicity
point of view to convert my code. Any suggestions for this conversion
will be of great help.
   Just for refernce to detail: I am a newcomer to .net (and directx9).
I can do well in Vb6 + directx8.

Thanks a lot for showing interest..
Regards
Phalgun Babu
--
Direct access to this group with http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:31:51 GMT
 DirectX8 to DirectX9.. doubt..
DirectX8 does not include support for VB.NET, although some 3rd parties have
shown how to use them together.

DirectX9 does include explicit .NET support with Managed-DX.

Quote:
> hi to all..
>    I have my application built on VB6 + DirectX8. I need to do the same
> on VB.NET. I just wanted to know the best choice, i.e. to use Directx9
> or to keep working on DirectX8 on .NET. I need it from the simplicity
> point of view to convert my code. Any suggestions for this conversion
> will be of great help.
>    Just for refernce to detail: I am a newcomer to .net (and directx9).
> I can do well in Vb6 + directx8.

> Thanks a lot for showing interest..
> Regards
> Phalgun Babu
> --
> Direct access to this group with http://web2news.com
> http://web2news.com/?microsoft.public.vb.directx

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 23:56:07 GMT

1. DirectX9 and Nforce2....is it possible to uninstall directx9?

2. DirectX9?

3. how to close a directx9 movie windows

4. directx9 version of windows not current

5. Help on updating to directx9.0

6. couldn't run certain games after DirectX9.0a d/l

7. Help with Directx9 installation

8. directx9.0 sdk installation & visual c++ 6.0

9. .Net and DirectX8

10. Need help on Mouse Interface (DirectX8)

11. MD2 Model Format for Directx8

12. DirectX8.1