Dynamic number of meshes
Author Message
 Dynamic number of meshes

Im pretty new to Vb.Net and Dx9. Can anyone explain how
to have a dynamic number of meshes... Its no use to have
them in an array I suppose since there would be trouble
removing 'rows'?
My problem is: When I presses 'space' in my very newbie-
like game :-) I want to shoot multiple spheres. I have no
problem doing this 1 sphere at a time but how do I it
with a dynamic number of spheres?
Anyone? Plz?
    Dawn

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:36:53 GMT
 Dynamic number of meshes

Have you tried an ArrayList object, or a Hashtable or a custom collection
class (something you would build yourself to handle specific mesh type
object)?

-Nerseus

Quote:
> Im pretty new to Vb.Net and Dx9. Can anyone explain how
> to have a dynamic number of meshes... Its no use to have
> them in an array I suppose since there would be trouble
> removing 'rows'?
> My problem is: When I presses 'space' in my very newbie-
> like game :-) I want to shoot multiple spheres. I have no
> problem doing this 1 sphere at a time but how do I it
> with a dynamic number of spheres?
> Anyone? Plz?
>     Dawn

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:44:46 GMT
 Dynamic number of meshes

Sounds good!
Im trying right now with combining a structure (that
contains information about the mesh) and an arraylist
that holds the meshes. Looks good so far.
Thanx for the help.
    Dawn

Quote:

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 04:21:54 GMT

1. Mesh Names or Mesh Subset Names

2. Mesh Picking, Boned Animation, Faked Meshes

3. Progressive meshes / Simplifying meshes

4. How to setup DYNAMIC number of forms ?

5. dynamic number of arguments

6. How to setup DYNAMIC number of forms ?

7. Form Dynamic property , app Dynamic property ?

8. Dynamic Data Structures: Dynamic Arrays?

9. Accessing Dynamic Controls on Dynamic Forms

10. Dynamic SQL Queries, dynamic reports

11. Dynamic ADO Recordset Not Dynamic (Does Not Refresh Data)

12. Dynamic ADO Recordset Not Dynamic (Does Not Refresh Data)