Directdraw surface transformation or Special bliting effects
Author Message
 Directdraw surface transformation or Special bliting effects

Hi all,

    I am building a communication software "power point" look alike. I'm
rebuilding the slideshow player with DirectDraw 9. I have been able to do
the most of the thing that I had already done with GDI adn GDI+. But now I
want want to had more transition effect between slides. Like a page curl
effect.

1- Is there something that I can use in DirectDraw to do this?

2- I will investigate on bliting effects, but I'm not really sure to be able
to do this with this feature. Is there a way to apply some kind of
transformation matrix to a directdraw surface?

3- I think that this can be made with Direct3D but how can I use this
Direct3D fonctionnality from DirectDraw?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Pierre

Sun, 09 Oct 2005 02:44:11 GMT
 Directdraw surface transformation or Special bliting effects
For best page curl, have a look at http://www.vizros.com/vphelp/vrpicture.html
Quote:

> Hi all,

>     I am building a communication software "power point" look alike. I'm
> rebuilding the slideshow player with DirectDraw 9. I have been able to do
> the most of the thing that I had already done with GDI adn GDI+. But now I
> want want to had more transition effect between slides. Like a page curl
> effect.

> 1- Is there something that I can use in DirectDraw to do this?

> 2- I will investigate on bliting effects, but I'm not really sure to be able
> to do this with this feature. Is there a way to apply some kind of
> transformation matrix to a directdraw surface?

> 3- I think that this can be made with Direct3D but how can I use this
> Direct3D fonctionnality from DirectDraw?

> Thanks in advance for any advice.

> Pierre

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:13:37 GMT

1. DirectDraw Buffered Surface for a Primary Surface Flipping Chain

2. Transformations, Transformations and more Transformations

3. writing text to a directdraw surface in vb.net

4. directdraw 7 surface problem

5. DirectDraw problem drawing text on surface

6. dx9 directdraw surface

7. Wide surfaces /DirectDraw/DX7

8. Transparent drawing on DirectDraw surfaces

9. Special Effects

10. Tree view special effect

11. Graphic Special Effects for your web site!

12. Some kinda special effect? Icons: